New IceTV branded PVR

Started by Mantorok, July 17, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rat

Dave from support are you still with us? it's been 5 days since any input, these are the loyal fans that have waited and waited for this box, you said you would check out some more details Tuesday? did that happen?

There has been talk of how and when we will be able to order them and how much they will cost...........but why would we want to know those things when we are yet to find out what it is we would actually be purchasing.

What are the full SPECS????

Will it be a good media streamer and what codecs does it support????

What are the I/O ?

Where are the pictures????

How can you make us wait so long and then continue to tease us by not releasing all the information required to make an informed purchasing decision? It's only a few weeks before it's released and so far we don't know why we should pay $500 for your box instead of the other well featured boxes for $200 apart from auto ad skipping which everyone is skeptical about and with good reason. So IMO you need to really start selling your product by singing all its praises. The single page website is just another tease....come on you can do better than that, can't you? Remember you are pitching to the high end price tech savvy market......not the Harvey Norman bargain bin market.

As someone said earlier getting info will be like pulling teeth, I hope this doesn't prove to be correct.

IanL-S

If they want us to buy one of these things they need to give full specifications. Things we need to know would include:

does the unit have an ftp server
can you copy MPEG2 ts or MPEG 2 ps files to the unit an play them
dose the unit support third party apps

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

JPP

Yes, it's also surprising that no Beta testers have been involved during the pre-release phase of this project, particularly as they were heavily involved in setting the design goals for it.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Rat

Wow if I were a shareholder in this company I would be angry at the zero effort that is being put into the marketing of this box, I can only guess that the lack of replies now signals another release date slip.

If someone reading this has some spare time could you please ring their contact number and ask if the box is still being released and then read through the questions in the last couple of pages here and see if you can get any answers?

FOR ALL ENQUIRIES
Please contact us at:
1300 654 803 | 02 8424 7555

Weekdays – 12pm – 8pm (AEST)
Weekends – 12pm – 6pm
Public Holidays – 12pm – 6pm

snuke

Quote from: Rat on April 13, 2015, 02:34:42 PM
Wow if I were a shareholder in this company I would be angry at the zero effort that is being put into the marketing of this box, I can only guess that the lack of replies now signals another release date slip.

I thought Heinz was pretty clear on when info was coming, no need to get emotional, just read the supplied info.
See this earlier post >>>>>

Quote from: Heinz on February 02, 2015, 04:09:51 PM
Watch this space for another update in March!

Regards & success, Heinz

Rat

Thanks snuke, so I just have to wait until March and all will be revealed, that's very helpful dude :)

Do you work for IceTV snuke? or are you just a rampant fanboi? I see you posting positive support for them at Whirlpool that also offers no substance or new information.

After a VERY long break there was a flurry of posts from Dave to promote Skippa when their one page ad came online.....he answered a few questions over a period of a couple of days, but didn't tell us anything about the specs, many questions were left unanswered.

His last post on the April 3rd included "I'm not sure. I've never had 2 on the same network at the same time. I'll check it out on Tuesday." that was nearly two weeks ago and it is now only two weeks until May which is when it's supposed to be released. I find this behaviour bizarre and very unusual in an era when most companies, especially tech companies know the value of online communication with their customers.

I am sure they know the full specs and the answers to all our questions, why do you think they would be keeping them a secret? do they think it will be a nice surprise for us on release day? or do they think everyone will pre-order without even knowing the specs and purchase a nice mystery box?

Well I would say from the lack of interest in this thread and on the threads on Whirlpool that due to the ongoing lack of info from IceTV about their own product that the vast majority of people have totally lost interest.

If Dave (or anyone from Ice) had of said two weeks ago something like "Full specs will be revealed X date" when people started asking then we would have something to go on.

Paul55

For reasons incomprehensible to me, this (withholding information) has been the historical and consistent policy of Australian PVR vendors in the 10 years I've been buying them. Not saying I appreciate this approach, but I've come to expect it.
I guess we'll all just have to wait - patiently or not.

IanL-S

Quote from: Paul55 on April 15, 2015, 08:06:14 AM
For reasons incomprehensible to me, this (withholding information) has been the historical and consistent policy of Australian PVR vendors in the 10 years I've been buying them.

Even post release you are often guessing about the hardware specifications. Technical things such as the specifications of the processor, the amount of RAM and non-volatile memory, ....

On the firmware side, they usually do not finalise the release firmware until immediately before release. Features can be deleted (do not work as expected or do not behave nicely with other features) or added (features that they had trouble geting working correctly but found a fix just before the firmware is finalised).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

snuke

Quote from: Rat on April 15, 2015, 07:56:10 AM
Do you work for IceTV snuke? or are you just a rampant fanboi?

Do you hit children often?

QuoteI see you posting positive support for them at Whirlpool that also offers no substance or new information.

I decided to check my WP posts in the two PVR threads I have partaken in during the past year. While I have expressed positive feelings about ICE in the past, I can't see any on WP in the past year, so not sure what you are referring to.

QuoteI am sure they know the full specs and the answers to all our questions, why do you think they would be keeping them a secret? do they think it will be a nice surprise for us on release day? or do they think everyone will pre-order without even knowing the specs and purchase a nice mystery box?

Well I would say from the lack of interest in this thread and on the threads on Whirlpool that due to the ongoing lack of info from IceTV about their own product that the vast majority of people have totally lost interest.

You do like to get a bit emotional about this don't you. Why waste your energy on conjecture and speculation?

Dave at IceTV

Guys, please calm it down. As a rule we only remove spam posts and spammer's account, so we do not want to have to edit or remove member's posts or ban members.

When I have in my hands the final skippa product in the exact same specification that will be available for customers to purchase I will be able to post more detailed information. Until then please be patient. 
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

EdQld

What about the Altech PVR9600 with IceTV EPG support, are you still going to sell this unit? ETA & Price? Thanks

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: EdQld on April 16, 2015, 02:15:40 PM
What about the Altech PVR9600 with IceTV EPG support, are you still going to sell this unit? ETA & Price? Thanks
Altech PVR9600 Q and T with IceTV EPG support are still coming. Altech are still weeding out the last few kinks in the software. ETA unknown as I'm not in that loop. Price was said to be the same as the Humax HDR-75x0 PVRs.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

EdQld

Thanks Dave for the reply  ;)

Dave at IceTV

We will be taking pre-orders for Skippa in mid May for those who don't want to miss getting in first and want to save around $100. Skippa will be in the IceTV store in mid to late June with an RRP of $499 including an IceTV subscription for the life of the skippa box (with no time limit).

More information on the Altech 9600 for Ed

ETA for the 9600 with IceTV integration is mid May. Price for the 2 tuner 500GB 9600Q with IceTV subscription will be cheaper than the Humax HDR-75x0 PVRs. Price for the 3 tuner 1TB 9600T with IceTV subscription will be a bit more.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

EdQld

I'll look forward to the pre-release special, just hope the release date doesn't slip any further (It's been a long time coming)  :)