tversity and humax - transcoding

Started by swamprat96, July 14, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

lazy sunday aftrenoon and trying to make transcoding work with the humax to get around the file support. However I can't seem to make it happen. Anyone managed to get this working?

technically this could be a good workaround for the humax as if tversity works as advertised it would convert all files on the fly for the humax

swamprat96

OK I've now tried setting the humax as a PS3 but transcoding does not work still. Its seems as if you force transcoding the humax breaks the network connection (ethernet). If I can get this working then we should be able to stream all file types.

The reason I persist with this is that I want one device to act as a media player.

BBWilly

Quote from: swamprat96 on July 23, 2013, 07:24:44 AM
OK I've now tried setting the humax as a PS3 but transcoding does not work still. Its seems as if you force transcoding the humax breaks the network connection (ethernet). If I can get this working then we should be able to stream all file types.

The reason I persist with this is that I want one device to act as a media player.

Hey Swamprat wonder if you have any luck with this at all something I have been looking at as well.

I Posted on their FaceBook page that it would be good if we could get a Plex app to connect to the plex media server.

Ok so via vPlex I can see the shares and it will play Xvids but doesn't seem to want to play the other AVI's not sure why this is happening though and if its the media Servers fault of Humax.

swamprat96

No never got anywhere. I tried numerous settings on tversity but could not get encoding working. To be honest the Humax should be dealing with encoding and this was always the wrong approach

BBWilly

No worries swamprat had the same issues going to do a preview of the new unit, I will see what it can do.