Recording consecutive episodes

Started by kruzenvax, July 15, 2013, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruzenvax

Hi all,

I have set up Humax (on 1.08.06) to record a series with 3 minutes ore- and 20 minutes post-padding. What are my chances to get the recording right if episodes are aired one after another (like a special weekend event)? Is 20 minutes of the next episode is going to be missed, because Humax still records the padding bit of the previous?

Thanks

Zxdan

On my version of firmware, which is not the one that has just come out, the first episode is recorded without padding (1h) & the padding is then applied to the second episode (80 min).  Tonight there is a double episode of Red Widow & as I am tired of having the break appearing during the first recording, tonight I have cancelled the second recording & the extended the first recording direct in the schedule on the Humax itself.  This will give me both episodes in one file.  Easier for watching or transferring off the machine if I decide to first rip the adverts out. As I am also recording Up all Night which comes afterwards, it will be interesting to see if Red Window will be padded & Up all Night recorded with the second tuner beginning at the programmed time. In essence, is it possible to get an overlap?

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: kruzenvax on July 15, 2013, 03:10:08 PM
I have set up Humax (on 1.08.06) to record a series with 3 minutes ore- and 20 minutes post-padding. What are my chances to get the recording right if episodes are aired one after another (like a special weekend event)? Is 20 minutes of the next episode is going to be missed, because Humax still records the padding bit of the previous?
With the 1.08.06 and the 2013 1.08.05 versions, the first episode will have the 3 minutes pre-padding, and the last episode will have the 20 minutes post-padding.

Quote from: Zxdan on July 15, 2013, 07:38:04 PM
In essence, is it possible to get an overlap?
Not if both recordings are on the same channel.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kruzenvax

Great, that is what I hope for.

Thanks