Yellow triangle "Episode failed to record"

Started by kruzenvax, July 04, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kruzenvax

Hi all,

Fresh new install, Humax 1Tb model with the latest firmware (1.08.06). No previous recordings scheduled, nothing. Before leaving home this morning set up a 2.20 pm recording on some show on 7 (one episode only, from PVR screen). Checked it via the website and android app at 3 - it has Yellow triangle and error "Episode failed to record". Scheduled the 3.30 recording of another show on the GO! from the web site - the same error.

Please help!

Thanks

Dave at IceTV

Hi Alex,

Your Humax is reporting 'No TV Signal Detected' errors for those schedules on GO! and '7 Digital'.

For reliable viewing and recording the Humax should receive a TV signal for each network with a level of 50-100% and a quality of 90-100%

The Humax displays the signal level and quality in the Signal Detection menu.
- Go to "Menu > Settings > System > Signal Detection".
- Check each of the 6 Channels that are in the list.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

HJK

Dave

I am experiencing a similar problem to that of Alex - Humax, Yellow triangle AND the programme channel that failed to record was Channel 7 (Prime 7 Gold Coast).  I have checked the signal strength and quality - both are at 100%.  Any further advice?

Cheers

HJK

kruzenvax

Dave was very helpful in following this through with me... not trying to substitute his knowledge, but please check if these shows are still recorded on your Humax even despite the error icon in the tv guide. If they are, you have the same issues as I do... as per advice from Dave mine has settled down after a couple of days and I don't have this problem anymore.  That is if your shows have been actually recorded despite the error. If it doesn't settle down you can just turn the error notification off (I didn't)

Apparently there is a minor bug in 1.08.06 or something like that.. but I'm just quoting Dave.