folders

Started by megamark, June 07, 2013, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megamark

hi Dave

i have set up a number of folders for my files and manually place those files into relevant folders, eg the home and away file into the home and away folder (for the wife only of course)
Is there a way to set the humax up to do it automatically ??
cheers

Dave at IceTV

With a Humax you don't need to create your own folders. For IceTV Series recordings, the Humax will automatically create a folder (using the series name) and automatically store the recordings of each series in their respective folders as they are recorded. 

Single recordings, or manual recordings, just get stored in the main folder.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tldaley

Is it possible to change this? I find it very annoying to try and follow which programs go in which order. I am used to just having the one list that is on chronoligical order (first show to watch is at the top and I just go down the list).

Cheers,
Trev Daley.

Maybe an option in prefs.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Trev,

The Humax HDR-7500 currently cannot be set to save series recordings to the top-level folder but it would be nice to have the choice of automatically saving series recordings to folders or not. I suggest contacting Humax Support and asking if they can request Humax HQ add the option to a future software update.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

tldaley

Cheers, I'll give that a shot. They may just listen when I tell I bought a second Humax.

Oh, by the way, the two Humaxes work kind of ok next to each other except that when one of them is on standby and I push one of the number buttons on the remote the Humax that's in standby wakes up!

Ciao,
Trevor Daley.

kadybee

The automatic Folders for series is really annoying for me - only because you need to remember what followed if there is a subsequent recording.

Would it be possible for IceTV to have an option that creates 'series' recordings as 'individual' recordings?

ie - as far as IceTV is concerned it is a series, but the Humax sees it as a single.  I seem to recall it appeared that way to early Topfields??

Klaus

gsmith2409

I wish the Humax recordings were treated a little like Foxtel IQ with regards to two recordings back-to-back on the same channel (these are for separate programs, not 2 eps of same series). In this I mean the following.

• Have the first episode record all the way through, plus have the end-padding applied to the file.
  • The second episode would start at the appropriate time

Yes this means that the padding time is saved to two files, but this would be better in the cases the two back-to-back episodes are totally different series.

Currently in this case if the first show doesnt finish exactly on time the remainder of the episiode is not recorded in this file because the padding didnt apply. I then have to remember what the next show was, as the end of the show will be within that file. This then means I have marked a show as 'viewed' although I possibly have not viewed it all.

As will be suggested I should be addressing this to Humax not Ice-TV, but would like to see if other people think the same way.

Humax HDR-7500T

prl

It's been suggested for Beyonwizes, too, but mostly on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: gsmith2409 on November 12, 2013, 11:03:58 AM
... This then means I have marked a show as 'viewed' although I possibly have not viewed it all. ...
This is one of the many problems with PVRs trying to automatically mark recordings as "viewed" or similar.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing