several issues

Started by megamark, June 02, 2013, 07:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megamark

1-i have set up my weekly recording schedule using the ice tv guide online, some shows to record daily...however when i check my schedule via my humax it shows that these shows are set to record once only...this is confusing, will they record according to my online settings or the settings via the humax schedule
2-padding settings not working at all
3-cannot access tv portal, when i click the portal button it wants to do a software update, when i accept that update nothing happens ....no update
4-because i am confused about item one as above i have manually entered all my recordings and because i am missing the start and finish(padding not working) i have set recording times to start early and finish later thus changing the name of the show being recorded,is there a way to change the name of the file being recorded

hope you can help

cheers megamark

Dave at IceTV

2. Your padding issues would be caused by using old software.

4. The Humax uses the name of the show in the guide. If the guide is blank it will use the channel name. You can rename the recording after it has recorded.

1. and 3.  Having only some IceTV schedules downloaded and not being able to download the software update point to either an Internet speed or quality issue or a home network issue.

If using wireless, try plugging the USB dongle into the front USB port (behind a flap on the bottom-right corner). If that does not help, then have a look at our wireless troubleshooting tips.

You can also update the software via USB.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

megamark

hi dave

i have managed to update to the current software and am now having some freezing issues as per others on the latest software........also-i have set up my weekly recording schedule using the ice tv guide online, some shows set to record daily...however when i check my schedule via my humax it shows that these shows are set to record once only...this is confusing, will they record according to my online settings or the settings via the humax schedule

cheers

Dave at IceTV

Hi Mark,

Did you manage to update the software via the TV Portal or did you have to use a USB stick?

Can you send a support ticket to IceTV Support so that we can have a look at your account.

If your Humax is freezing it might be best to contact Humax Support. A hardware fault could possibly explain the other issues you are having.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

megamark

hi dave...updated via the tv portal....also mapped the channels last night, i went through every channel via the tv, wrote down the corresponding channel number and then logged into my icetv account and selected the relevant channel number,unfortunately i still have the dreaded yellow triangle next to some shows, did i do the mapping correctly??