Briz31 - Brisbane channel 44

Started by Dave at IceTV, June 01, 2013, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

I have a question for any Brisbane residents.

Is the time on your digital TV device correct while viewing channel 44?

During a discussion with a customer living in Brisbane we discovered that the time on his PVR jumps back 10 hours when switched to channel 44. Then when switched to another channel the time corrects itself.

For example:
- The current local time was 13:05  (1:05pm)
- When watching channel 44 the time showed 03:05  (3:05am)
- When watching channel 9 the time correctly showed 13:05  (1:05pm)

I am wondering if all brands of TVs, STBs and PVRs are having the same issue with ch44 in Brisbane, or is it just his PVR.

Can people living in Brisbane please check the displayed time from ch44 on their digital TVs, STBs and/or PVRs and reply here, as follows:

1. Ensure that the device is using auto time mode (not manual or Internet time).
2. Change to channel 9 and press the info, or ( i ), button and note if the time is correct.
3. Change to channel 44 and press the info, or ( i ), button and check if the time changes by 10 hours (it may take 15 seconds).
4. Reply here with the brand and type of device and if the time was correct on channel 44.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

RussellMathews

Hi Dave
This is Russell I instigated this investigation in discussion with you
Here is some further input
I have done a check using TV channel guide listings on my Panasonic TV
This is what happens
CH73 guide shows time as 9.07PM 3/6/13
Change toCh44 then access guide
Time shows as 11.07 AM  programs in guide list are correct but times show starting at 11AM
After a couple of minutes time reverts to correct time but guide still shows 11AM
Please note there are no issues using Ice TV  guide in win7 media center on same Panasonic TV.
Hope this makes sense

Dave at IceTV

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the update. That confirms that confirms that the issue is the Briz31 signal.

The reason that your Media Centre is OK is because Windows does not use the time signal from the TV stations. Instead it uses the time from an Internet time server.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

dcoggins

Hi Dave,

Just a note to confirm that my Humax has the same problem.

At 10am here, Briz31 showed midnight.

I'll avoid making any other libellous comments.

Cheers

David