Exclamation mark in yellow triangle next to programs I wish to record

Started by JohnOfFloreat, March 25, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnOfFloreat

G'day, John here
Just lately my Humax doesn't seem to be getting it's messages correctly.  I've searched and found a number of potential replies, but can't glean anything that matches my circumstances. 
Essentially, on the IceTV site, I mark a program to be recorded using Safari on the iPad.  When I look at the EPG on the Humax (after waiting a while) the program has the warning symbol (yellow triangle with the exclamation).  I am able to set the program to record using the Humax directly.
I sort of guess I need to supply more info, but I don't know what.  Please ask.
Thanks
John

kay67kay

i have yellow triangles with exclamation marks in them too, on the icetv tv guide next to some programs i have series recording on. there is nothing else scheduled to record at theses times and other instances of the program in the series do not have the warning, whatever it means.

prl

The yellow triangle usually means that IceTV has tried to set up a timer to record the show on the PVR, but the PVR has reported that the timer could not be set. The most usual reason for this is that there are more simultaneous recordings being set than the PVR allows.

I understand that the PIMP protocol used to communicate between the IceTV server and the PVR is able to carry error information about why the operation failed, but Beyonwiz PVRs, at least, do not supply any information in this field. If it is available, this information is displayed in the IceTV web page entries for the shows in TV Guide and My Week.

I don't have any experience with Humax PVRs, and I don't know whether they provide any useful error information back to IceTV when a timer can't be set.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Hi John,

It sounds like you may not have the correct channels setup in your IceTV account.

If you are in a regional area please see my reply to kay's other post, here:
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,3779.msg18432.html#msg18432
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JohnOfFloreat

G'day Dave
Thanks for you suggestion.  But I'm not in regional area.  I'm in metropolitan Perth.  (unless you in the 'eastern states' really think Perth is a regional hick town!).
As it happens Perth is to go digital on April 16th, less than a fortnight, so I'll take the opportunity to re-tune both my TV and my Humax after that date.  That should eliminate that as an issue.
Regards
John

Dave at IceTV

Hi John,

Perth seems like a whole continent away to me  8)

There are some non-regional regions that also have multiple channel number choices for each commercial channel. So when you select the Perth region each of the commercial channels will have multiple choices of LCNs (logical channel numbers). There is also GWN which suburban Perth dwellers cannot normally receive so it should be disabled.

For example:
7mate has a choice of 63 and 73
7two has a choice of 62 and 72

If both channels are left set to the default "All" setting you may find that none of your 7mate or 7two shows record. If you set the series from the Guide on the Humax they may record the first episode and then fail to record any following episodes. This would be because IceTV is scheduling them on the first channel number for those channels and your Humax does not have channels 62 or 63.

The regions other than regional regions that need the channel numbers set correctly are:
ACT
Adelaide
Darwin
Gold Coast
Perth
Tasmania

If anyone is unsure about which region they should select and whether their region requires setting specific channels or not then please see the following Knowledgebase topic:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/23229368-Which-Region-should-I-select-in-My-Account
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JohnOfFloreat

Caffinetron

Hi Guys,
    I am new to this forum but have owned and used the IceTV guide for a while now. I have been struggling with this problem also for sometime and have decided to investigate after many programs just didn't record. I also have a Humax and have been finding that anything to do with Seven or Nine programs that they just won't record unless i physically record them on the Humax guide. When i use the IceTV app or login on PC it just fails to record or to transfer the info to the Humax box.
I live on the Sunshine Coast (1 hour north of Brisbane) and reading through this thread sounds like it is the problem i am having. Although reading through the list of regional areas the Sunshine Coast is not listed there. I have found that when i select a program to record on the website it does come up with 3 different selections of channels (Seven Bris, Seven QLD or SC Seven), How do i find out which channel to select on the Box when all it says is Seven? Also, when select the quality can i leave it on "Prefer HD" or could that also cause some problems?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Dave at IceTV

Hi Caffinetron,

The most important thing (for regions that have multiple channel choices) is to only have 1 of each channel enabled in your account. The second most important thing is to match the channel numbers to those that are on your recorder.

If you can get both Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast channels on your Humax you should pick one or the other. If the Brisbane signal gives you a reliable picture then it would be easiest to change your region to Brisbane - and then delete all of the other channels off the Humax.

Otherwise you need to set the LCNs (channel numbers) in your account to match the channel numbers on your Humax. Obviously where there are multiple channels you need to keep the correct one and disable the other one(s).

If your channel seven is called 'Southern Cross' or 'Southern Cross Seven' then you need to keep 'SC Seven'.

The difference between the sevens is very minor. For example, recently there was one difference between 'Southern Cross' and the other two sevens (apart from the evening news).

'Southern Cross' had AFL then the late movie.
'Seven-Brisbane' & 'Seven-QLD' had a movie then the late movie.

The regular differences between Seven-QLD and the other Sevens are the programs between 6pm and 7pm.

'Seven-Brisbane' and 'Southern Cross' have:
6:00pm  Seven News
6:30pm  Today Tonight
7:00pm  a repeat of an old 30min comedy show

'Seven-QLD' has:
6:00pm  Seven Local News
6:30pm  Seven News
7:00pm  Today Tonight

For the Sunshine Coast you should probably have the following commercial channels and LCNs enabled in your account:
Seven-QLD = 6
7two-QLD = 62
7mate= 63
WIN = 8
GEM = 80
GO! = 88
SC10 = 5
ONE = 50
SC Eleven = 55

For the ABC and SBS channels (including NITV) you should leave them set to All - unless you have deleted any of them off the Humax in which case they should be set to the remaining channel number that is still on the Humax,or disabled if you deleted all of that channel. For example: If you have deleted ABC1's channel 2 but kept channel 21 you should set ABC1 in your account to 21. Or if you have deleted ABC3 you should disable ABC3 in your account.

Edit: Added ABC and SBS information and a few other minor edits.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

JohnOfFloreat

Well, OK Dave

I've been away on holidays and Perth has gone digital while I was away.  So I've been able to take the opportunity to re-tune all my channels on both the Humax and my TVs.  I've also followed the instructions and set up the channels in my IceTV 'My Account', 'TV Guide'; -  that hadn't been done previously, they had been all set to 'All'.

Now I've got nothing in my guide on the Humax.  Not even a yellow triangle!

I've tried reprogramming, on the web-site, all the programs that I want recorded.  (By re-programming I mean I choose 'Remove series from Humax' then 'Schedule New Recording' and set up the recording again.

But nothing has come back to the Humax.

For some (but I don't think all) of the programs I've got an error message email back saying there is a 'Timer Conflict'. 

What am I missing?

Thanks
Regards
John

JohnOfFloreat

G'day Again

A quick update since my last message.

I checked a little while ago and the Humax showed a yellow triangle for a recording I have tried to set-up for next Tuesday.  What I did differently this time was delete the recording from the web site then wait for the Humax to update before setting up the recording again, from the web-site.

There has been no error email.

I then waited for another update by the Humax from the web-site and it seems like it might have got it - finally.  Does this mean I've got to go through and delete all my recordings and then re set them up?  I'll try another tommorrow.

Regards
John

Dave at IceTV

Hi John,

It looks like your Humax has experienced a known bug (that is fixed in the next software that is due out very soon going by Humax's 6 month software update cycle). The issue is that the Humax has the schedules for the missing shows but does not list them and won't record them. Your recordings should return to normal in 6 days from when the issue started.

There are 3 solutions to get the existing schedules working right away. Pick 1 solution only.

1. Delete all affected series recordings from the website or phone app, wait 20 minutes with the Humax turned on, then recreate the deleted series recordings. Note: If set the affected series recordings as favourites before deleting them it makes it easier to find them again to recreate them.

2. Find each missing episode in the guide on the Humax, press record and select "Record whole program". The Humax will then realise that it should be a series recording and schedule it as series episode. Note: If the Humax warns about a timer conflict with the same episode just allow it to replace the existing schedule with the new schedule.

3. Reset the Humax to factory defaults, set it up again, then resend all recordings from the website. Possibly overkill but may be easier than solutions 1 or 2 if you have a lot of missing schedules.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service