no registration when signing in on trf2400

Started by stevelynne, May 01, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevelynne

I have just signed up with Icetv for my trf2400 and followed all instructions to register the device but it does not show as registered and obviously there is no epg available.

My device is connected to the computer through wireless to a cisco bridge and lan cable.

has anyone else had this problem?

prl

You don't need need a connection to your computer from your PVR for IceTV to work. You need a connection to the IceTV servers; i.e. the important thing is that there is a connection from the PVR to whatever device provides you with connection to the broader internet. That device would normally be your ADSL modem/router of cable modem, or something similar.

It's hard to tell from your description of your network setup whether what you have done can work or not.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

stevelynne

Thanks Peter.  I apologise as I did not make myself clear.  The trf is connected via LAN cable to the cisco bridge that has wireless connection to my modem/router.  I also have a blu-ray player connected to the same bridge that does have internet access.  It seems the trf does not see the internet for some reason.

prl

Is it feasible to connect the TRF directly to your modem/router to test the IceTV connection from there?

I think that some Topfields allow FTP access from a computer to the files in the PVR. If yours does, you could also try connecting to the TRF from your PC using FTP. That would test your home network access to the TRF, but not the access of from the TRF to the wider Internet. Can the TRF2400 access Internet services other than IceTV? If so, do they work (i.e. is it a general Internet connection problem, or something specific to IceTV)?

I don't have a Topfield, so unfortunately I'm pretty much limited to generic suggestions about testing the networking. I'd try to make more specific suggestions, but because the Topfield Web sites are down, I can't look at the online specs or manual for the 2400.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

stevelynne

I cannot connect directly unfortunately.  they are just too far apart.  Can you explain how I can check other internet services?  I am new to the topfield and cannot locate this in the menus.  Also can you explain the access via ftp?

I really appreciate your help and clearly would be a bit better off if the topfield websites were operating.  Don't happen to have a crystal ball on that one I suppose?

Dave at IceTV

Steve,

Make sure that the Topfield's Connection Type is set to DHCP. Then use the Shoutcast menu item in the Entertainment menu to test Internet access.

Assuming Shoutcast works, make sure that deleted the Topfield's default IceTV User ID of 'guest' and replaced that with your IceTV username.  Also replace the default IceTV Password of '0000' with your IceTV password (which is case sensitive).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

stevelynne

Dave appreciate the comments.  I have entered my icetv login details and password., but it does not signify registration.  Is connection type found in the settings menu?  i will need to check that first.  i am at work, so will do this when i get home.

Dave at IceTV

'Connection Type'  is in the Topfield's 'IP Settings' menu.

Menu > Installation > Network Settings > IP Settings.

A lot of people accidentally type their IceTV details after the default details so this is the first thing I always check (assuming the PVR has Internet access). For example, if their username was 'bobsmith' then they would accidentally type bobsmith without deleteing guest, so they would then have the User ID as: guestbobsmith
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

stevelynne

Dave thanks.  I will check network settings.  Yes I did delete the defaults first.

stevelynne

dave

I checked network settings and DHCP is selected.  The device shows IP address (192.168.2.13), Subnet (255.255.255.0), Gateway (192.168.2.1) and Primary DNS (192.168.2.1) addresses.  Secondary is set at 0.0.0.0.  these are probably defaults.

Still no Icetv.

prl

Quote from: stevelynne on May 02, 2013, 08:56:10 AM
... I checked network settings and DHCP is selected.  The device shows IP address (192.168.2.13), Subnet (255.255.255.0), Gateway (192.168.2.1) and Primary DNS (192.168.2.1) addresses.  Secondary is set at 0.0.0.0.  these are probably defaults.
They're the values set on the Topfield by your router using DHCP. They look internally consistent, at least, and in a appropriate address range for a private (home) network.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

stevelynne

Thanks Peter.  Still no help i am afraid.  I think that now the IceTV is enabled, I may reconnect the bridge with the wireless modem/router as a last ditch attempt.  otherwise, I am totally at a loss.

Dave at IceTV

Congrats Steve. It looks like you got it working.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

stevelynne

Yes - finally Dave - many thanks for your and Peter's help.  I had to turn everything off and restart.  I later remembered we had a sudden power outage a few days before and it seems the network got a bit confused.

Cheers