Digital Channels Frequency Changes From May 2013

Started by Fester, April 12, 2013, 06:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fester

I know Adelaide had the analogue service switched off recently but I was not aware that digital frequencies will be changing Australia wide starting May 2013.
"The retune begins in May 2013 and is due to be completed by 31 December 2014. Different areas will need to retune on different dates"

http://retune.digitalready.gov.au

prl

The DigitalReady link that Fester provided allows you to search by your address for nearby transmitters that are scheduled to change, and tells you when they will change.

There are more details on the DBCE Achieving the Digital Dividend - Channel Changes page. This page has a link to documents listing all transmitters that will change frequencies and when.

It's all to clear spectrum for the Digital Dividend spectrum sale.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Fester

This will obviously affect the IceTV recordings for those that are not aware of the changes and do not retune their PVR's on the scheduled days.
I am surprised that IceTV themselves have not sent out an email notifying that this is to occur as the first change will affect Adelaide on the 3rd of May, just over two weeks away.

sozza69

Well the 3rd of May has come and I retuned my STB as recommended by the Gov. Website. SBS has shut down its old Channels and is now transmitting on two new bands as are all the other stations except Ch44 who have nothing at the moment. Other than SBS allthe other stations are still txing on their old bands. Will this continue???? who knows. There is very little info on whats going on.

My problem now is that I get no EPG for the new channels. Is IceTV going to do something about this. Now none of my recordings for SBS will work. :'(

prl

Quote from: sozza69 on May 03, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
... Other than SBS allthe other stations are still txing on their old bands. Will this continue???? who knows. There is very little info on whats going on. ...
Does the DBCE page I linked to not answer that question?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

sozza's Beyonwiz had picked up both sets of channels and as Beyonwizes do it put one set of channels on the correct numbers and the other set on the numbers of 350 and upwards.

The solution for a Beyonwiz is outlined here:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21481809-Why-is-the-Beyonwiz-guide-blank-for-channel-numbers-above-350

I would suggest that people do NOT do what the government recommended until after the existing channels get turned off. i.e. Wait until your existing channels no longer have a picture and then do an auto channel search to replace the old channels with the new ones.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service