Daylight Savings casing the incorrect shows to schedule

Started by Dave, April 05, 2013, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Folks,
I have noticed that all the programs scheduling for recording next week are incorrect.
For instance, I record the 6:00PM news each night.  Next week, Media Center is showing that I'm going to record the "News at 5".
Is it just me or do others have this issue?
will the issue resolve itself once the clock rolls back on Sunday morning?
Thanx.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Dave at IceTV

Hi Dave,

For Windows 7 or 8 Media Center the computer should automatically adjust the time which will correct the upcoming schedules. To check if the clock in Windows is setup correctly just click on the clock in the Windows task bar and you should see a message saying "Daylight savings time ends on Sunday, 7 April 2013 at 3:00 AM. The clock is set to go back 1 hour at that time".

Just to be sure, the best thing to do on the Sunday morning after 3am is check that the time is correct and check a couple of your recording schedules to ensure they are now showing the correct start time.

For anyone who is wondering what they need to do with their brand or model of recorder please see the following:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21199873-Daylight-Savings-What-do-I-need-to-do-when-Daylight-Savings-starts-or-ends
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave

Thanx Dave.
So you think it will correct itself once the clock rolls back and the shows are reschedulled?
Do you believe that the shows that have been schedulled incorrectly will be changed?
Thanx.
Dave.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

Dave at IceTV

Yes, it will correct itself.

All shows are set in GMT time, and then displayed with your local GMT offset added. As soon as daylight savings ends your local GMT offset will change by 1 hour and the existing schedules will then display the correct start time.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave

Dave.
Most of my shows are recording correctly, but shown on Nine are still an hour off.
Interactive shows the correctly, but the guide data on my Media Center 7 is out.  It also looks like channel 44 is wrong too.
I've checked and the channel is configured to use the IceTV suffixed guide, so I would assume that the guide data is from IceTV.
What have I done wrong?
Dave.

zoszos68

Yes Nine is wrong here as well.
On Sunday Morning The Barron was on from 2:20 am to 3:30am (iirc).
Then was an one hour unknown which pushed all further shows out by an hour.
So last night The Logies was list to start at 9:05pm instead of 8:05pm.

I did update the guide to try and fix it but it has only fixed in it about a weeks time.
Is there a way to delete the guide data only and re download al the data.?
I'm lucky nothing I want on Nine is on this week.

Kevin

Dave

I have many things on Nine that I record.  I have the NEWS each night at 6:00pm, which does get recorded, but lists it at "National Nine News afternoon edition".  I also have "The Voice" scheduled to record tonight at 7:00pm.  The problem with that is going to be that it is showing as "National Nine News" and, looking at it in Media Center, it will only record for 30 minutes.

zoszos68

I'm trying to find a way to clear only the guide data if it's possible.
Seems the only way I can find for now resets the tuners and recording schedule which I already know how to do.

But I will keep searching the web and check my pc to see if I can find a way.

Kevin

zoszos68

I found a way to fix it but it's not so quick but works.

Only try this if you confident you will do no harm to your system.

Before starting this write down all programmes you record on the off chance something goes wrong and you have to re add them (it should not go wrong but better safe than sorry).

Step 1: Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome  then locate the file mcepg3-0 or similar (if there's more than one use the one with the highest file number).

Step2: Copy previous file as it will be need later and save to a location elsewhere (important).

Step 3: Close down IceTV Interactive.

Step 4: Close any services Media Center is using by going here right click computer (icon) click manage then when that opens on the left pane click services and applications then in the middle
pane click services then check if any Media Center services are still running and if they are stop them.

Step 5: Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome and delete the mcepg3-0 or similar file making sure you have kept the backup file as before.

Step 6 Reboot computer and start media center you should then see that it needs setting up again.

Step 7: Close media center and icetv interactive and close the media center services as before.

Step 8: Go to the backup mcepg3-0 or similar and copy and paste it back into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome

Step 9: Open media center and you should now see a message about the guide being fixed from a corrupted state or similar.

Step 10: Open icetv interactive and redownload the guide and that should fix it.

Kevin

Dave

Thanx Kevin for the info.

I applied the same work around.  My file was called mcepg2-0.

When I copied it back and restarted, I got no message that there had been a coruption or anything, but it largely solved the issue.

Thanx again.

Dave.

tlgerdes

Quote from: Dave on April 08, 2013, 12:47:24 PM
I have many things on Nine that I record.  I have the NEWS each night at 6:00pm, which does get recorded, but lists it at "National Nine News afternoon edition".  I also have "The Voice" scheduled to record tonight at 7:00pm.  The problem with that is going to be that it is showing as "National Nine News" and, looking at it in Media Center, it will only record for 30 minutes.

I have this exact same issue with my W7MCE. It is highly annoying as it will not let me record the ch9 6pm news. I have rebooted and re-synced and the problem is occurring.

ICETV can you please contact me or fix it straight away. These problems have only occurred since DST change on Sunday. It seems every year at DST change time there is a week of hell from your service.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Trevor,

The IceTV guide is correct and has been all week. Your Windows media center is either using the free to air guide from channel nine or the guide is corrupted. See Kevin's solution 2 posts above yours.

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php/topic,3783.msg18481.html#msg18481
cheers

Dave
Customer Service