Will series recordings carry on recording if Internet connection lost?

Started by thatmetalman, February 24, 2013, 06:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatmetalman

I have numerous series link recordings set up on my Humax and each works fine. I'm traveling for 3 weeks and want to switch off power to my modem/router while I'm away.

So my question is, are series (or single program record instructions) stored on the Humax, or is the Humax instructed (via the Internet) to record each program/series minutes before they're scheduled to record?

In other words, can I switch off the modem or will it need to stay powered up?

Any thoughts?

Dave at IceTV

Leave the modem/router turned on.

If the Humax cannot access the Internet your recordings will cease after 5 days. And the guide will become blank after 7 days (so even if you had manually set schedules for 'weekly' or 'everyday' they would have no names after 7 days).

I would suggest:
- Turning ON power saving in standby.
- Turning ON auto power down.
- Enabling the power ON timer and setting it to 5pm daily.

This will ensure that the Humax is only on each evening and turns itself off to standby each night (either 2 hours after turning on or after it has finished recording).

To enable 'Power Saving in Standby' and 'Auto Power Down'.
- Go to 'Menu > Settings > System > Power Management'.
- Set 'Power Saving in Standby' to 'ON'.
- Set 'Auto Power Down' to 'ON'.

To set the 'Power On Timer' option.
- Go to 'Menu > Settings > Preferences > Time'.
- Set 'Power On Timer' to say 5pm (to give it time to update from IceTV before the night's recordings start).
- Set 'Channel' to any channel (may as well pick a channel that you record a lot).
- Set 'Volume' to '0' if you don't want to annoy other people or pets (or leave it as is since your TV will be off).
- Set 'Repeat' to 'Daily'.
- Leave 'Power Off Timer' set to 'Off'.

To prevent any blank guide issues I would also disable Dynamic Update as follows:
- Go to 'MENU > Settings > Installation'.
- Enter 0000.
- Set 'Dynamic Update' to 'OFF'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

thatmetalman

Dave at IceTV

There was a typo, which I have corrected in red, in my post above.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service