Enough Rope with Andrew Denton...

Started by impact, August 21, 2006, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

A couple of times, during the week I have selected an item to record - once off - and by the time the show comes around in a few days later - MCE forgets about it, no red dot, nothing - and hence no recording...

Example.... Last Wed or so - I scrolled through the guide and picked 'Enough Rope with Andrew Denton" and told the MCE box to record it as a once off...  I noticed the red dot there a day or so later in the EPG.... But when I looked at the guide tonight - voilla... its not marked to be recorded ????

Further thought and investigation, and I have realised the pattern.... When I originally set the recording - there was only a generic synopsis or description for the show, today when I look at it, the description tells me its an interview with Mike Willesee.... Now at least one could say that my MCE box had the good realisation to not actually record the show, since its going to be about Mike - but thats a whole other story....

I am guessing the general rollover each week for Enough Rope occurs with a blank / generic description - I have set the recording, and then icetv programming department learns more info about the show and updates the description (in this case adding the valuable info about Mike).

But this appears to change the program details so that MCE now thinks its a new program - ie. does updating a program description in your process create a new program id - and hence causes MCE the confusion....

I have noticed a couple of times where the info has changed, and the program stops on manual / one off recordings (but of course a series / season pass does solve the issue)

BJReplay

Bummer, eh?

I just set everything to series recordings, and clean them up every now and again.

MCE seems to cope with more than 100 series recordings - the only issue seems to be a slowdown going into recorded TV - which is the prompt for me to clean up.

Dunno if it is the ice feed, or MCE.  As you know (;)) this happens with all guides that we know about.