Just Bought into the Humax 7300T & about to sample ICE

Started by Tassie Devil, November 07, 2012, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tassie Devil

Second try at the first posting here.  No idea what happened to the other one!

The Toppy 7150 died so purchased my third Humax - still have a single tuner SD operating downstairs.  This is the 11th PVR owned and has nice ergonomics like the MAGIC.

I initially rejected the idea of ICE but have been persuaded by another DTV poster to give it a trial so here I am.  I'm awaiting LAN cabling but have bored through double brick walls and other obstacles ready. I just installed firmware 1.07.

Like DTV, this looks a friendly helpful forum.  Here's hoping not too much help will be needed! ::)

John
77 year old A/V nutter with too many toys:
* 5 PVRs in 3 A/V systems
* Meridian Sooloos server w 9000+ classical CDs via  Sennheiser HD800 headphones
* A/V - Sony V W200 projector + 7.1  audio

Tassie Devil

Header correction - typo.  Of course it is a 7500T.

Is there no way of editing posts here?

Having to verify all posts is a bit of a PIA, particularly when it often requires more than one attempt,  but I guess there is a good reason?

John
77 year old A/V nutter with too many toys:
* 5 PVRs in 3 A/V systems
* Meridian Sooloos server w 9000+ classical CDs via  Sennheiser HD800 headphones
* A/V - Sony V W200 projector + 7.1  audio

underdog

Hi John

Make sure you update with your progress and experiences with the box. I'm really keen to see how you go as I'm also considering the leap over to Humax (and icetv) so I'm glad that you're guinea-pigging yourself :)

toppytools

Quote from: Tassie Devil on November 07, 2012, 11:03:23 AM
Is there no way of editing posts here?

Having to verify all posts is a bit of a PIA, particularly when it often requires more than one attempt,  but I guess there is a good reason?
Sure is, at least for me. At the top right of your own posts there should be 3 icons: Quote, Modify and Remove.

Not sure what you mean by verifying all posts. I only see 2 buttons: Post and Preview. If I click on Post it's done. Maybe you are not logged in.

EDIT: Obviously you are logged in or you couldn't post. I just checked and anonymous visitors cannot post replies.