Not staying on favourites

Started by bennliz, November 01, 2012, 09:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennliz

Hey guys, 

Having a few issues with my Humax from Icetv.  I've set up favourites so I don't have to cycle through duplicate channels however after powering down and turning on the next day it reverts back to the  "Tv" setting and showing all channels.  It doesn't remember that I was on favourites.  Is this a known issue?

Also I have one of those green power boards that turns off appliances based on whether the main appliance (in this case Humax) is on or not.  SO basically if humax is in standby mode then the TV, Xbox, blue ray, wd tv live etc is completely off, theoretically saving power. 

The issue I'm having is that throughout the day the Humax will turn on at different times which in turn turns everything else on.  I've checked and there are no scheduled recordings or anything like that.  The only thing I can think of is that it turns on to check for updates and refresh the guide - is that correct?

Thanks for the advice.

Dave at IceTV

Hi Ben,

It sounds like you may have a Power On Timer set to turn on each day, and maybe to a channel that it is not in your favourites group.

The Humax will only turn itself on for the following:
- To record a scheduled recording (* if power saving in standby is On).
- To check for any software updates at 4am (if this option is enabled).
- If a Power On Timer is set and enabled.

* Do NOT turn power saving in standby Off as leaving it On with existing software helps prevent the IceTV guide to becoming blank after a while.

Go to 'Menu > Settings > Preferences > Time'
- Set 'Power On Timer' to Off.
- Or set Channel to a channel that is in favourite group.

Go to 'Settings > Installation > Software Update'
- Set 'Regular Software Update' to Off.

I would also disable 'Dynamic Update' to stop any deleted channels returning, or dynamically reloading the channels possibly interfering with your favourites.

Go to Menu > Settings > Installation'
- Set 'Dynamic Update' to Off

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

bennliz

Thanks for the info dave - have checked and updated all the settings as suggested and will see how it goes.

Cheers