Streaming video skipping after 30/40 minutes

Started by ActionFlash, October 17, 2012, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionFlash

Streaming over DLNA works fine for about 30 minutes, then the video skips for about 10 seconds, then is ok for about 5 minutes, then the cycle repeats. Does this will all file types. Wifi network and NAS fine as same equipment I use with my PS3 which plays the same files fine.

Any ideas?

swamprat96

I've seen this  on streaming and non streaming. But usually low quality avi or mkv. I've found that say a 2 hour program at anything less than 1.2gb will do this in these formats. I now only play these larger files and have had no further issues

Dave at IceTV

This is interesting because one customer has been experiencing streaming videos just stopping after 30 minutes. Their issue apparently started after the last software update. Compatibility with recent versions of Twonky media server may also be the cause.

What ActionFlash describes sounds similar, but could be due to playing NTSC videos via a PAL device. With certain old SD PVRs, skipping at regular intervals was common when viewing PAL TV with the PVR accidentally set to NTSC. If your videos are not 25 or 50 frames per second (i.e. PAL) then you may see skipping at regular intervals when the Humax tries to resync the video.

What DNLA media server are you using? It could be the cause of the skipping. Or it may have a setting that you can use to solve the problem.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service