Topfield 2400 & 2460 Power Off

Started by wazh, October 15, 2012, 09:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wazh

Hi All,

Ok this is getting really annoying. Both my 2400 and my 2460 seem to randomly power off. This happens even during recordings. I thought it might of been a firmware issue but have updated to latest firmware. I am not running any Taps at all. Both are getting epg and timers from IceTV.

Has anyone experienced this issue. Damn annoying.

Warren

Dave at IceTV

Hi Warren,

A Topfield can randomly reboot when using IceTV if you are in a region that has lots of extra channels included and you have not set your exact channels in your account.

Please see the following guide:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20105463-how-do-i-map-channels-on-the-icetv-website-for-my-recorder-or-changing-which-channels-my-recorder-do

Of course there can be other causes like faulty hardware, which is unlikely as it is affecting both of your Topfields, TAPs and even DLNA software on a networked computer or server.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

In addition to Dave's suggestions there is another possible explanation. One is that with some firmware 2400/2460 can spontaneously reboot when mounting or dismounting USB devices. Also, if you are running firmware dated 30 July or later, the TAP support has been crippled (apparently by mistake) and this can cause the Toppy to freeze or spontaneously reboot. Ice TV apparently uses some of the TAP API which are specific to IceTV however there are no reports of this part of the TAP API being broken. I did not have any IceTV issues when 'testing' some of these firmware.

There is currently a firmware in beta testing that restores full TAP functionality. For more information see the Toppro forum (www.itopfield.com.au).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

yeadon1

Hi,

I have just purchased a new 2460 and I too am experiencing the random rebooting issue. I have removed all the unessary channels and have upgraded the firmware to October 2012. Would it be advisable to restore the firmware back to prior to July 2012?

Regards
Danny

Dave at IceTV

Hi Danny,

The channel LCNs in your account look ok... except you have the ACT set as your region. Your TV signals should be coming from Goulburn or Illawarra, in which case you should select 'NSW Regional Southern' as the region (and redo the channel LCNs).

Then you should reset the EPG on the Topfield by pressing the red button while in the IceTV menu (under Settings).

Note: The Topfield may reboot once or twice more as it sorts itself out, but after a few minutes it should return to normal behaviour.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

PowerdDVD can cause DLNA enabled PVRs (including Topflelds) to spontaneously reboot. The solution is to disable all services related to PowerDVD on PCs with PowerDVD installed.

I recently built an new Windows 8 PC and discovered my 2 2400s were in a reboot loop. Disabled the Power DVD services on the PC and all was well.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on March 16, 2013, 03:27:11 PM
PowerdDVD can cause DLNA enabled PVRs (including Topflelds) to spontaneously reboot. The solution is to disable all services related to PowerDVD on PCs with PowerDVD installed.
Thanks for the info Ian.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service