our HDD has disapeared!

Started by Teirae, October 10, 2012, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teirae

Can someone please help!

We lost power, and when power was restored our Topfield TRF-2460, and it came up saying verifing HDD.  after a few minutes it came up and said verifing failed!, a warning box then appeared warning us that everything will be lost and are we sure we want to go ahead with the format.  I clicked no.  we could then watch tv, but had no tv guide, the file list button does nothing.  I checked our settings, and says we are connected to our wireless, but icetv is not highlighted (so unable to select it). and the recording selection is not highlighted (so can't select it).

I then turned it off and on again.  this time the same thing happened, but when it came up with the warning, i said yes I want to format, just admiting we will loose everything we have recorded.  but everything is exactly the same, except now we do have a tv guide.  but not icetv.  and no file list.  and recording isn't an option.

please help!! please tell me our HDD isn't gone! the box is less only about 6mths old!

thankyou

IanL-S

The HDD formatting was unsuccessful - this is usually because TAPs are running. You need to disable TAPs first. I suggest you log on to the Topfield forum at www.itopfield.com.au; there is FAQ on installing and managing TAPs that should help you sort out the problem.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help