Daylight Savings Time?

Started by Mindlessgalaxy, October 01, 2012, 08:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindlessgalaxy

Hi,

I am getting very frustrated as for some reason my Humax 7500pvr has decided to go to +11GMT instead of +10GMT which it should still be as it is not daylight savings until this weekend?  Could someone help please as you cannot change the settings on the Humax and all my recordings are stuffed up because of it?  It only started doing this today as far as I am aware and don't know why?

Thanks again  ;)
Humax HDR-7500T

Canberra ACT

Mindlessgalaxy

Quote from: Mindlessgalaxy on October 01, 2012, 08:28:40 PM
Hi,

I am getting very frustrated as for some reason my Humax 7500pvr has decided to go to +11GMT instead of +10GMT which it should still be as it is not daylight savings until this weekend?  Could someone help please as you cannot change the settings on the Humax and all my recordings are stuffed up because of it?  It only started doing this today as far as I am aware and don't know why?

Thanks again  ;)

I have noticed it only happens when I am on the Win Network that it changes my Humax time, then when I change to another channel any of them it goes to the correct time.  If I change back to Win tv it changes the time forward.  This is changing all my recording times as well and deleting ones that are suppose to start within the hour as it thinks the time has elapsed.  My set top box is setup with IceTV and not its own.  Hope that information helps a little?  But please could someone help ASAP!!!
Humax HDR-7500T

Canberra ACT

Doctor Whatuwant

Sounds like your problem is WIN, not the box. The time signal comes from the channel, consisting of universal time and time offset such as daylight saving. The box uses this information together with the time zone you have selected to calculate local time.

Perhaps WIN have triggered the daylight saving offset too early. Give them a call, they probably have already had several.

Doc.

prl

There has been some discussion about a similar problem on MagicTV in the DTV forum. See this post and following (it's in a general topic about MagicTV, so there is some other discussion weaving in and out around it). The consensus was that yet again, the networks (and particularly WIN) have messed up the DST changeover. After more than ten years of digital TV, you think that they would have got it sorted by now!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Mindlessgalaxy

Hi.

Thank you for both responses I greatly appreciate it. You are right as well. WIN tv stuffed up (channel 8), however they have now fixed it.

Thanks again
Humax HDR-7500T

Canberra ACT