IceTV not updating scheduled recordings

Started by bmitchell, September 19, 2012, 03:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmitchell

I have a Topfield 7100 and eyeTV on mac and I am not getting any scheduled recordings showing up.

If I try and manually check on the eyeTV unit I get "The connection to the IceTV service timed out" message.

IceTV has worked flawlessly for many years, up until recently.

Does anyone have any ideas?????

prl

Have you read the topic Help Ice TV not updating schedule on two different PVRs? That appears to be describing a similar problem (on a Topfield and a TIVIX).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

bmitchell

Thanks, I have read it. It doesn't appear to offer a fix other than it should correct itself.
Well mine hasn't corrected itself.

Is there any fixes than can be done?

prl

Sorry, I don't have any of the hardware that seems to be afflicted. I've posted about the short-term problem I had on our Beyonwizes in that other topic.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Dave at IceTV

Byron,

Both your EyeTV and your Topfield are fetching their recording schedules, but EyeTV has not fetched the guide for at least a week. Try clearing the guide cache in EyeTV.

To clear out the EyeTV cache do the following:
   1. Go into the Program Guide screen of EyeTV.
   2. Click on the 'Gear' icon at the top of the screen.
   3. Select "Clear EPG Database".

The cached information will be then be cleared and a fresh set of guide information will be downloaded from the IceTV server.

By the way, you only have 1 series recording setup for the iMac. Try setting some more series recordings so that there are some shows queued in My Week.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service