Emailing Offers

Started by mikeathome, September 23, 2012, 10:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeathome

I read on the Topfield forum that a special $49 offer was available on 21 Sept. Apparently an email was sent out advising of this. I didn't get one. And yes, I have checked my junk/held mail. this is not the first time I have failed to get emails that others have received and I have complained about it here before.

Based on this past experience I am probably not the only one to miss getting the email. Can the matter please be resolved this time?

Dave at IceTV

Hi Mike,

Have you checked your ISP's junk email folder?  e.g. Log in to Internode and check your email account's spam folder there.

You can always view any missed emails via our twitter page and our facebook page, which both have a link to an online copy of the recent $49 half price email which has now expired.

In future if you read or hear about an offer that you did not receive an email for just visit twitter or facebook (buttons on the IceTV website) to see the email. Or you could setup twitter or facebook to notify you of new IceTV tweets or posts.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

As I already said I did check my held mail (at internode) - its not there. As I don't use facebook and twitter why can't I just get an email like (apparently) everyone else?

But even if I did use social media your solution is only useful if I can find out about the offer from elsewhere before it has expired. Didn't happen in this case.

Flyeroz

Same problem here.
Since joining IceTV over 3 years ago I had one email re $49 offer.
I did call & report this, but made no difference.
Other emails with hardware promotions or upcoming shows arrive without any issues.
So the issues is still there.

Arek

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Flyeroz on October 08, 2012, 05:34:04 PM
Same problem here.
Since joining IceTV over 3 years ago I had one email re $49 offer.
I did call & report this, but made no difference.
Other emails with hardware promotions or upcoming shows arrive without any issues.
So the issues is still there.

Hi Arek,

Your memory is a little hazy there. You joined IceTV 5 years and 2 months ago... though you did say *over* 3 years ago  :)  And you have taken up $49 offer 3 times over the 5 years.

I have looked at your email log, and Mike's, and both of you have not been sent a $49 deal email since December 2011. Neither of you were sent the recent email. I'll investigate why.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

Thanks, finally an investigation. Incidentally I received my "what's on this week" email at 5.30 pm last evening. It's a useful part of your range of services - would be even more useful if it came before Mon PM.

Dave at IceTV

I have investigated the emails sent to 'Mike At Home' and Flyeroz'.

The last email that IceTV sent with the subject "12 months IceTV for only $49" was sent on the 15th Dec 2011. Since then the $49 offer has been included in the regular weekly "Fun Friday Deals" emails.

There was a  "Fun Friday Deals" email containing a $49 deal sent on 19-07-2012 and one on 20-09-2012

The 19-07-2012 email was sent to Mike, and it was opened on the 20th and again on the 21st. Both days the link was clicked on.
The 20-09-2012 email was sent to Mike, and it was opened on the 23rd, but the link was not clicked on.

The 19-07-2012 email was sent to Flyeroz, but it was never opened (or received?).
The 20-09-2012 email was sent to Flyeroz, and it was opened on the 21st, and the link was clicked on. The email was opened again 4 hours later.

From what I can see, the emails were sent each time, and opened on most occasions.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

I have the 19th July email here and, from memory, when I opened it I seem to recall a message that the discount code (or whatever) had already been used the maximum number of times possible.

The email of the 20th is a bit of a mystery however. I have emails from ICE on 14th, 24th and 28th September but none for 20th or 21st. so I don't see how I could have opened it.

Dave at IceTV

It was the email from the 19th July that was opened on the 20th and again on the 21st of July.

The offer from July was available for a huge quantity of customers and lasted weeks. The September offer was limited and quickly taken up, and we increased the quantity twice.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Flyeroz

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on October 08, 2012, 10:50:29 PM

Your memory is a little hazy there. You joined IceTV 5 years and 2 months ago... though you did say *over* 3 years ago  :)  And you have taken up $49 offer 3 times over the 5 years.

I have looked at your email log, and Mike's, and both of you have not been sent a $49 deal email since December 2011. Neither of you were sent the recent email. I'll investigate why.

You are correct, I have taken $49  offers few times over the past 5 years.
My cousin forwarded offers he received to me, I then click on the offer.
Lately he is the one who has not received the offers.
We have a agreement that whoever gets the offer emails it to other one of us.
BTW I did receive the latest offer, 9th Nov 2012.

Cheers Arek