New firmware 1.07?

Started by darrenk, August 31, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Hi Italo5

Quote from: italo5 on September 09, 2012, 11:47:58 PM
Is it possible that the Humax updated the software automatically? When I click on "Update Software" it comes back with latest version already installed. This has got be the latest version 1.07 right?
Correct. Your Humax has updated itself already.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

modrat102

Hi All,
I just aquired the humax and set it up over the weekend which included installing the latest firmware as per Ice TV's advise and steps.
All worked well for 4 days, but tonight the Icetv EPG is blank.
So to Dave from Ice TV, sorry the firmware update has not fixed all, so would not go celebrating yet.
Will have to wait until the morning to get Ice TV support.

Cheers All

swamprat96

what sort of network are you using- wifi or cable?

If its wifi then its not necessarily the humax at fault. A loss of connection can do this. If its cable then it could well be the Humax. All the information we can provide IceTV will help track these issues down

Bam001

Hi all
I have also installed the new firmware and the epg has gone blank twice in the last two days.  So problems definitely aren't fixed.
I am using Ethernet over power as my network.
Very frustrating.

Bam001

This is ridiculous.  EPG just disappeared again.  3 times in 3 days!!!

swamprat96

I'd like to hear if anyone with their unit connected with Ethernet is having issues? Ethernet over power is just as prone to interference as WiFi. However if the problems are still happening with a direct connection then humax will have a case to answer.
Because the frequency of updates of epg has increased a loss of connection at the time of update could cause this. It will occur more often than previously.

eieio

Hi,

Very disillusioned and concerned new purchaser. I've just picked up the 1tb 7500.

Before committing to purchase over the past two weeks I queried via IceTV Chat the Humax streaming capabilities to OS X clients (my home environment is all Apple (incl. Mountain Lion macs)) and was assured of these capabilities via VLC at a minimum.

A week later, $500 in the can, no visibility at all to any Mac (OK on some IOS though). Also my Panasonic Viera identifies the Humax server via DLNA but no files. And the only recourse (from the history on this forum) appears to be a protracted wait on the vendor to (maybe) fix it.

Thanks IceTV. A loyal customer of over two years. I didn't need this.

swamprat96

Yes the streaming capability of this unit via dlna only is a handicap . It should have samba IMHO

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: eieio on September 16, 2012, 09:31:40 AM
Very disillusioned and concerned new purchaser. I've just picked up the 1tb 7500.

Before committing to purchase over the past two weeks I queried via IceTV Chat the Humax streaming capabilities to OS X clients (my home environment is all Apple (incl. Mountain Lion macs)) and was assured of these capabilities via VLC at a minimum.

A week later, $500 in the can, no visibility at all to any Mac (OK on some IOS though). Also my Panasonic Viera identifies the Humax server via DLNA but no files.
That sounds like how the really old firmware used to behave. Make sure that it has 1.07.00 installed.

Your comments all seem to relate to other devices seeing the Humax's recordings, in which case swamprats' SAMBA wish is not going to help.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

But apple can read samba? I've got a macbook that reads samba just fine. I'm obviously missing something?

eieio

Software version UHTFAA 1.07.00.

Where to from here? Unless this issue is resolved I was actively misled by IceTV in the decision to buy.

Starfish bill

I too have a blank EPG running 1.07.

lukem

Quote from: eieio on September 16, 2012, 09:31:40 AM
Hi,

A week later, $500 in the can, no visibility at all to any Mac (OK on some IOS though). Also my Panasonic Viera identifies the Humax server via DLNA but no files. And the only recourse (from the history on this forum) appears to be a protracted wait on the vendor to (maybe) fix it.

Thanks IceTV. A loyal customer of over two years. I didn't need this.

This isn't an issue with the Humax, it's that DLNA isn't a strict standard and more of a guideline. I get similar issues between my PC an PS3, for example. That said, there's a number of OSX clients around that can access the Humax DLNA media server, such as XBMC (which I've personally tested just now).

Dave at IceTV

The Windows version of VLC 2.03 works fine streaming recordings from a Humax with 1.07.00

If the Humax appears empty to your DLNA client make sure that you are looking in the right folder. From Windows, via DLNA the Humax recordings are in the following folders:

VLC media player:  'HDR-7500T Media Server > My Contents > My Video'
Windows Media Player:  'HDR-7500T Media Server > Videos'

For those who have never used VLC as a DLNA client before:
- Go to 'View > Playlist > Local Network > Universal Plug'n'Play
- Then 'HDR-7500T Media Server > My Contents > My Video'

Make sure that your firewall is not blocking VLC, or Windows Media Player etc. from accessing your network.

PS Windows Media Player will require the correct codec be installed before it can play .ts video files like the Humax's recordings.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ActionFlash

My unit arrived yesterday with 1.05, so I updated to 1.07 which went well. The IceTV EPG only shows a few channels though, the rest are blank (think I need to read the various posts on this though).

Also, it won't play mkv files, should it? I'm sure I read somewhere that 1.07 added support for mkv files?