New firmware 1.07?

Started by darrenk, August 31, 2012, 11:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenk

I've just noticed on the portal there's a listing for 1.07 available however the website Humax website still links to 1.06.1?

I hope this is my fix to losing EPG all the time

Dave at IceTV

The Humax website and the TV Portal always seem to be a day or two out of sync. Last time it was on the website first and most customers waited until it was available via the TV Portal.

Quote from: darrenk on August 31, 2012, 11:54:55 PM
I hope this is my fix to losing EPG all the time
It definitely will fix all remaining issues that affected IceTV, including the guide becoming blank.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

darrenk

I don't know if I've always done something wrong but I've never been able to successfully download and update firmware via the portal. It says it's downloading, but never does?

Dave at IceTV

That can happen if you have an extremely slow Internet connection, but then you would normally also have IceTV problems and an extremely slow opening TV Portal. Does the TV Portal display the full screen as soon as it starts to appear, or does it gradually appear one line at a time from the top down?

With dial-up Internet speed the software download can take 30 minutes. Once it has downloaded a message will pop up asking if you want to upgrade the software. If you miss this message it will time out and vanish after about 10 seconds.

If you get impatient and go back into the TV Portal and start the download again it seems to resume from where the download was up to (but I could be wrong) as the second attempt finishes much faster the first attempt. So if the download does not seem to finish just go into the TV Portal and do it again.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

darrenk

The odd thing is that I never seem to get the pop up after the download. If I reload TV portal immediately after I start a download, it'll warn me that perfomance may be slow because theres a download active but I never see anything after that.

swamprat96

Wow. Guide is fixed 100%. Mp4 now streams. Mkv now works and streams!
Nice work
Now all I want is Samba :)

swamprat96

well this firmware looks good. Would be nice to know what it officially fixes and adds though. Having said that I've had all my issues resolved

darrenk

Grr.. the site still hasn't uploaded the new firmware and can't get the portal download to work!!

swamprat96

can you take the Humax and plug it in via ethernet to your router? You'll need a screen with some kind of video input to suit though

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: darrenk on September 01, 2012, 03:30:19 AM
The odd thing is that I never seem to get the pop up after the download. If I reload TV portal immediately after I start a download, it'll warn me that perfomance may be slow because theres a download active but I never see anything after that.
Press Exit first to ensure that the TV Portal is closed. Then try starting the download again.

And repeat the above if need be.  It seems to resume from where it was up to, so you should get there eventually.

Your bigger issue seems to be your network connection speed or quality. Can you play YouTube or SBS On Demand videos?

Have a look at the wireless troubleshooting tips (particularly points 2 and 3)
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20383062
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

darrenk

Thanks for the tip, I used a USB extention cable and moved the wifi adapter to the side of my Humax unit and for the first time, I downloaded a firmware update over the air!

Lets just hope this fixes my lost epg problem.

swamprat96

Its finally up on the site- but its curious what they acknowledge fixing:
- Enhanced user instructions for first time IceTV account setup
- Custom and Region setting options simplified
- User password - increased allowable character count to 21
- EPG update routine - server communication and refresh frequency increased
- Remote Scheduling - server communication and refresh frequency increased

Looks like very little change- but I'm definitely seeing file support that wasn't there before. Just tried a file I know didn't play previously- and now it does

italo5

Hi
When I enter the TV Portal / Software Update menu, the first line on the top of the screen says "Software version 1.07.00"
Is it possible that the Humax updated the software automatically? When I click on "Update Software" it comes back with latest version already installed. This has got be the latest version 1.07 right? I only once had problems with the EPG and padding issue is only occassional for me.

darrenk

Well, I had such high hopes but I lost EPG display today...

This is now beyond a joke....

swamprat96

I'm not sure what you are using - but if its wifi and a poor connection you can experience this. I use wifi and if the microwave is used I have experienced issues. Looking at your previous posts it seems as if you may have a network issue. Losing the network connection at the time of updating will cause this.  I have not lost the epg at all since upgrading my wifi