Slow performance/hangs

Started by IanHamilton, August 30, 2012, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanHamilton

For the past week, when I try to access my recordings on either the website or my iPhone, the response is very slow, hangs or times out. Anyone else had this problem

IanHamilton

I mean of course the "myWeek" reservations. All other functions on the website and the iPhone work

mikeyjames

Yep, same here. Slow as ^#$%^

It's an absolute joke atm. If it doesn't pick up soon I'll be cancelling. I thought it may be the firewall at work but the same at home with 100Mbit Optus Cable. Sometimes taking 2-3 minutes to load 'my week'

Cheers

Mick

mikeyjames

BTY

Work = XP/ie8

Home Win7/ie9 (both 32 & 64 bit)

tvmandan

Same here. Very slow to load My Week.

mikeyjames

I've actually had it time out on me three times tonight. Are they running the server through a dialup connection??

prl

I just had it time out, too. Twice.

But to be expected when you look at this recent photo of the server:

;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: mikeyjames on September 03, 2012, 07:49:33 PM
I've actually had it time out on me three times tonight. Are they running the server through a dialup connection??

Yeah, me too - not to mention that it is nearly mission impossible to attempt to change something
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

IanL-S

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

MB4913

Me too... although it seems much better this evening.  :)

It's been really slow the past three or four weeks, and getting worse, until just now.

tonymy01

I will add my +1 here too.  I thought my android app was playing up, then when accessing via the web on the android phone, still didn't work, thought my phone network connection was playing up till I saw other web pages were fine, and tried on the PC and still had issues.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

mikeyjames

Still slow here - how about for others?

Cheers

Mick

mikeyjames

Jan 11th 2013

Still an absolute joke!

Just took me about 30 minutes to set up a few recordings for next week.

tonymy01

Been fine for me for yonks now.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Dave at IceTV

Hi mikeyjames

What web browser and operating system are you using?

The website has been fine for months. Some days I manage lots of recordings for a number of customers via their My Week and My Shows and I haven't seen any speed issues since early September 2012. It only takes me a couple of seconds to edit each show.

If you are having issues via a web browser then try clearing the browser's cache, or try another web browser, or another computer. If the problem is at home then try it at work or at a free wireless hotspot.

If you are having issues via a phone app then try resetting the app from the Settings menu, or try a different network. If using wireless then try 3G or 4G, or try a different wireless network. If using 3G or 4G then try using wireless.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service