Notice: Service updated. Whaaaaaat?

Started by legswilly, August 21, 2012, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legswilly

Hi, I am getting the pop-up notice only for channel Ten.

I installed the latest firmware, 01.07.350, on my DPLite i. Rescanned the channels. Disabled the Network. Unplugged the lan cable. It still comes up.

I had a problem in the past where it didn't show listings above a certain (channel number ???). Was told to delete the channel and rescan only with a (number ???). It seems that all channels above 300 don't have listings.

I rarely use the BW for recording, but need it for a set top box. My panasonic tv has no tuner. Do recording on the PC.

If I could get back all functions, this would be great, but if not, at least disable service updating, whatever that is.
Thank you in advance.
Werner

Dave at IceTV

'Service Updated' is caused by the channel you are watching. Network Ten must be updating their channels. To stop the 'Service Updated' message (instead of waiting for Ten to stop sending update signals) you can disable 'Dynamic Channel Management' on the Beyonwiz.

To Disable Dynamic Channel Management:
- Go to 'Setup > Misc. > PVR'.
- Press OK.
- Scroll down to the 2nd page (past Soft Padding Priority).
- Change 'Dynamic Channel Management' to Disable.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

legswilly

Thank you Dave.
This is good to know. After my posting, I cleared all disk caches, timers etc I could find and rescanned. This seems to have fixed the problem. Willl keep your solution in mind, if it re-occurs. Up until now it's ok.

Unrelated to this post, I have looked at my IceTV profile and it shows up two Beyond Wizes and two Win7's. why is that? I have a Vista PC, added a Win7 PC, retired to spare a XP PC.

Dave at IceTV

It may have an anomaly, unless you have deleted the extra devices, as I can only see 1 Win7 device and 1 Beyonwiz device.

After the Auto Search did you make sure that the strong channels are not on numbers of 350 and higher? And then delete the 350+ channels.

You have 2 transmitters in the same direction. The main, strong, Manning River transmitter about 30km away, and the very weak Laurieton transmitter at about 10km away. To avoid picking up the weaker Laurieton transmitter and ending up with some channels on numbers of 350 and upwards you should do the following:

1. 'Clear Services' from the Initialise menu.
2. Do a Search with Search Mode = Partial and Start Channel = 6 and End Channel = 44

Or if the Laurieton channels are your good channels change step 2 to:
2. Do a Partial Search with: Start Channel = 48 and End Channel = 69

3. Resend all recordings for your Beyonwiz device:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editSubscription

Here are the transmitter details for anyone interested:

Manning River Digital TV Channels at Middle Brother (30km from Port Macquarie)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Affiliation   Callsign   Frequency   Power (ERP)
ABC      ABC7   184.625 Mhz   80.00 kW
Seven   NEN9   198.625 Mhz   80.00 kW
SBS      SBS9A   205.625 Mhz   80.00 kW
Nine      NBN12   226.500 Mhz   80.00 kW
Ten      NRN44   641.500 Mhz   320.00 kW

Laurieton Digital TV Channels at Jolly Nose Hill (19km from Port Macquarie)
Affiliation   Callsign   Frequency   Power (ERP)
Seven   NEN48   669.625 Mhz   200.00 W  (0.2 kW)
Nine      NBN51   690.625 Mhz   200.00 W  (0.2 kW)
Ten      NRN54   711.625 Mhz   200.00 W  (0.2 kW)
SBS      SBS57   732.625 Mhz   200.00 W  (0.2 kW)
ABC      ABC60   753.625 Mhz   200.00 W  (0.2 kW)
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

legswilly

I have printed this topic and I now recall that I had to do this previously. Just forgot how to do it. I am now getting all the program listings for all the channels. I think this may have been a problem with the Beyondwhiz.

I could have sworn that I had double listing of devices in my profile, but looking at it shortly after I cleared all services and rescanned and the problem did not re-occur, I found only single device listing. Maybe I was wrong, getting old and decrepitude setting in is no fun.

Thank you for all the info, Dave.

bodogbodog

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on August 21, 2012, 04:50:19 PM
'Service Updated' is caused by the channel you are watching. Network Ten must be updating their channels. To stop the 'Service Updated' message (instead of waiting for Ten to stop sending update signals) you can disable 'Dynamic Channel Management' on the Beyonwiz.

To Disable Dynamic Channel Management:
- Go to 'Setup > Misc. > PVR'.
- Press OK.
- Scroll down to the 2nd page (past Soft Padding Priority).
- Change 'Dynamic Channel Management' to Disable.

The gift that keeps giving - my DP-2 Wiz started displaying the Service Updated message earlier this week and it was driving us nuts. I just found this old post and went in and disabled Dynamic Channel Management and it's resolved (well suppressed at least) the issue
Interestingly we were getting the message on multiple channels so it appears there must be multiple changes going in for some reason
Is anyone else getting the message?
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Dave at IceTV

Seven in the capitol cities have added a "RACING.COM" datacasting channel on channel 78 for broadcasting Melbourne horse races.
http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/06/21/racing-victoria-secure-deal-with-seven-new-dedicated-channel-to-launch/

At least it is mpeg4 (H.264) so it won't steal as much bandwidth from Seven's real TV channels (though channel 78 is very low quality).
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/australia-embraces-mpeg4-digital-tv-with-new-racing-channel-20150703-gi4blu.html
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Drummo

QuoteWiz started displaying the Service Updated message earlier this week and it was driving us nuts. I just found this old post and went in and disabled Dynamic Channel Management and it's resolved

Our DP-S1 has been doing the same recently and we tried the above and it seems to have worked..but now for some reason our EPG data has disappeared and we can't connect to ICE-TV... getting a message that the server has given an odd response (???) There is also no device to select in the device dropdown box, but the Beyonwiz name still stay there... We've tried re-scanning all channels but still hasn't worked for some reason....

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Drummo.

Dave at IceTV

That 'odd response' error message indicates that the Beyonwiz did not receive a message that it understood. That can be a result of the Beyonwiz getting a webpage as a reply from your router or printer rather than a real reply from IceTV.

Check the Beyonwiz still has Internet access by setting the Time mode to Network. Once you are sure that the network connection and Internet access are okay Ice Guide should start working again. If not, reboot the Beyonwiz then try the following:

1. Disable Ice Guide:
  - Go to 'Setup > Network > Ice Guide'.
  - Set Ice Guide to Disable.

2. Clear All Timers and EPG Cache:
  - Go to 'Setup > System > Initialise'.
  - Clear Timers (if it exists).
  - Clear EPG Disk Cache.
  - Clear IceTV Disk Cache (if it exists).

3. Resend All Recordings:
  - Open the IceTV website in a web browser.
  - Click on "My Account".
  - Click on "My Recorders"
  - Click on the "Resend all recordings" link.

4. Enable Ice Guide:
  - Go to 'Setup > Network > Ice Guide'.
  - Set Ice Guide to Enable.
  - The Ice Guide status should continue updating until it either says 'Send scheduler state: OK.' or 'Wait xx minutes to get...'.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Drummo

Thanks Dave, I didn't even make it to step 1! I had assumed the network connection was fine because it had an IP address and said was receiving that message from the "ICE-TV Server" but it obviously wasn't because it lead me to find that I had inadvertently blocked the network repeater it is working on, on my router,  from the internet but not the local network...ooops!   Unblocked... now problem solved. I'll give it a thorough test but so far so good. Thanks for your very prompt and very thorough reply. Much appreciated. Cheers.