Programmed recording does not have a picture but shows 6.8gb file size

Started by cjsilk, September 28, 2012, 10:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjsilk

I have programmed SVU for each week but when I go to playback there is nothing to play yet it shows the file as being recorded and has a file size of 6.8gb. I have this happening on both a TF2460 and TVIX S1 duo. What am I doing wrong?
TVIX Slim S1 Duo, Topfield 2460, Panasonic DMR TR700

prl

Do you get an error when you try to play the recording, or does the recording play a black screen and silence?

The latter is what happens on a Beyonwiz if there was no signal detected while the recording was being made. The recording file is of about the expected length, but playback gives a black screen and silence.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

cjsilk

Yes just end up with a black screen and seems to rewind and play etc and stops when stop is pressed, but shows the time and size of recording
TVIX Slim S1 Duo, Topfield 2460, Panasonic DMR TR700

Dave at IceTV

Seeing as 95% of your recordings this week are on the Ten network (on One and Ten) if it was an antenna issue you'd notice the problem on most of your recordings.

Sounds like you may have two channel Tens; one with a good signal and one with a weak signal. Often the weak one gets the recordings and guide from IceTV (not IceTV's fault). Check if there are two Tens both on channel number 10, or one Ten on 10 and a second Ten on a channel number above 99 (ch 350 or 1001 etc).

Also, you look like you may be in an area that actually gets SC10 instead of Ten.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service