All todays reservations set to radio

Started by mikeathome, July 25, 2012, 05:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeathome

My ICE reservations for today and tomorrow are set to radio type rather than TV. The program names are corrct and the red icons have been set in the EPG. It's just that the thing is recording radio. Is this set by ICE or somewhere in the topfield (7100+)?

Dave at IceTV

Reservations are set by the Topfield. If Ice sends a reservation and the TV channel does not exist, or not match, then the reservation will be sent back to Ice as a failure.

It sounds like the Topfield lost it's TV channels and switched the existing, already set, reservations to Radio channels. I have heard of an older Topfield or two losing just the TV services, and keeping the radio services.

You can delete just the TV channels by selecting 'Clear Services' and then select 'TV' instead of 'All', but that should also delete any associated reservations.

The solution to recover from this is to:
- Clear All Services.
- Do a Search in Auto mode.
- Re-enable IceTV and re-enter your user ID and password (delete 'guest' and '0000' first).
- 'Resend all recordings' for your 7100+ from 'My Account > TV Recorders', here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editSubscription
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

Thanks, I had already deleted the incorrect reservations and recreated them using the EPG.

Earlier in the week I discovered that the unit had been set to radio mode (top rh button on remote under mute) when I turned it on. It is possible that any reservations that come from ICE during a period when the unit is in radio mode get the radio channel instead of the TV channel. I might get around to checking this theory sometime.

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: mikeathome on July 26, 2012, 09:49:19 AM
It is possible that any reservations that come from ICE during a period when the unit is in radio mode get the radio channel instead of the TV channel. I might get around to checking this theory sometime.
You could right there. It's probably not something that anyone has tested before.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

I did get around to doing a test last night. As I suspected the ICE reservations get a radio channel if they arrive and the PVR is currently set to radio even in standby.

Dave at IceTV

Ok, so it only has be on a radio channel when the IceTV reservations are set for the issue to occur.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Mike,

Which firmware version is on the 7100+ that you tested with?

And are you able to test it on your 7100pvrt?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mikeathome

I'm on the latest firmware on the 7100+ (Feb 20). I have just loaned my 7100 to my son to use for the Games and he doesn't have an internet connection so I can't test that one right now - sorry.

Dave at IceTV

Thanks Mike. Don't be sorry, you've been a big help.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service