Time Reference

Started by Doctor Whatuwant, July 25, 2012, 04:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doctor Whatuwant

Hello all.

Last night we had a power failure at home and when I got up the time on the Humax was about 2 hours out. It was in Standby so I powered it on and the time corrected. I'm guessing that if a program was scheduled it would not come out of Standby at the correct time? This seems a bit strange. Does it not update time in Standby? Where does the time reference come from?

Speaking of time, the front display is barely legible, especially in Standby. I read somewhere that an orange filter on the display can be removed. Has anybody done this?

Only other curiousity I've come across in one week of ownership is that USB drives are 'remembered', so even if the same one is unplugged and reconnected it shows up as two USB drives. Also shows USB's that are not even connected anymore. Only way I've found to clear the list is to fully power off.

Cheers.

swamprat96

Good question. My first thought was that turning off power saving may address this- as after a power failure I "think" it would come back on. Needs testing

Doctor Whatuwant

Just for reference, I didn't have power saving switched on.

swamprat96

scraps that idea then. So you actually changed this from the default setup which has it on?

Doctor Whatuwant

Yes, I wanted the clock always visible.