Firmware 1.06 for Humax HDR7500t to be released

Started by lukem, July 02, 2012, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Try formatting the HDD. I have not done this yet but the HDD will still have the old structure onit. Start with a clean slate

lingfish

Quote from: swamprat96 on July 18, 2012, 09:01:18 AM
Try formatting the HDD. I have not done this yet but the HDD will still have the old structure onit. Start with a clean slate

Clean slate excluding all my existing recordings :-(

swamprat96

Dave at IceTV

If you are going to back up your recordings so that you can format the HDD and then return your recordings to the Humax HDD you should use an FTP client on your computer (not a USB drive plugged into the Humax). If you use FTP to copy them to a USB drive plugged into the computer you should make sure that the USB drive is NOT formatted in FAT or FAT32 (otherwise the FTP client will split the recordings at 2GB or 4GB, preventing the Humax listing them correctly after you copy them back).

Backup all of the files that you can see with the same name as the recording.

I would copy the recordings back after you have 'resent all recordings' from IceTV and the Humax has recreated all the folders. Though you could copy them back first and then later move them into their respective folders.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lingfish

Quote from: swamprat96 on July 19, 2012, 06:14:23 AM
Yeh but easy to back up no?

I wouldn't call it easy.  I certainly wouldn't call it hard, but it ain't easy either.  More like, "incredibly inconvenient."

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 20, 2012, 01:04:50 PM
If you are going to back up your recordings so that you can format the HDD and then return your recordings to the Humax HDD you should use an FTP client on your computer (not a USB drive plugged into the Humax).

Thanks for this dave.  Is this a confirmation that this is the only action I can take to fix the folder issue?  Or is this another Humax "give it a go and see, we're not sure"?

Dave at IceTV

The folder issue should also be resolvable by doing the following:
- Delete all affected *current series recordings from the website.
- Wait 20 minutes with the Humax turned on.
- Recreate all of your series recordings (I did it from the website but from the Humax should work).

If you set each series as a favourite first, it makes them easier to find later when resetting them as a series recording. This is because as favourites they will still be listed in My Shows even after you remove their series recording setting. After you have done the 3 steps above you can remove the favourite setting on each series recording, if you want.

* Notes:
- If you have multiple recorders you only need to delete the series recordings assigned to the Humax device.
- You 'may not' need to delete series recordings that are already being recorded in folders.
- If you have only been using IceTV since before you purchased the Humax then you 'may' only need to delete those series recordings that the Humax has been recording.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

The disappearing EPG has come back again. It's the original issue where station groups such as nine/go/gem are blank- until you scroll over them. With the cursor on them they show - but once you scroll past they go again. It seems to vary between the channel groups - as in only affects abc or ten or nine or seven

UPDATE- and back to normal- no reset - no reboot. I have the power saving features on. This has been an issue right from the start

mattr

I thought I would mentioned that I had two shows not go in to their folders last night:

"Up All Night" was a new series recording, but no folder was created for it.

"Revenge" is a series recording which already has a folder with previous episodes in it. Last nights episode was not saved in the folder.

Have done the reset previously which fixed the issue. Will keep my eye on it to see if it happens again.

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 22, 2012, 05:27:42 PM
The folder issue should also be resolvable by doing the following:
- Delete all affected *current series recordings from the website.
- Wait 20 minutes with the Humax turned on.
- Recreate all of your series recordings (I did it from the website but from the Humax should work).

Thanks Dave.  This has worked for me, albeit fiddly.  I see the trick too -- nothing was known as a series, and hence wasn't flagged as something to be stored in folders.

But honestly, you'd think that is what resending all the recordings from the website would do :/

Was attempting to use the Android client to do all this work too, but even though it would accept selections of "first and repeats", and prefer high def, once saved, and you'd go back in there, they were forgotten/ignored.

I ended up having to use m.icetv :(