Firmware 1.06 for Humax HDR7500t to be released

Started by lukem, July 02, 2012, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Hi Guys,

Please note that it may take 5 days for for the padding issue to go away completely. This is due to the fact that individual recordings are scheduled up to 5 days in advance, so these particular shows which were scheduled prior to the firmware update may miss their padding.

Regards,
Luke

swamprat96

Luke if you notice acem8's post he did a factory rest- so all his old recordings have been wiped. He says he's still having padding issues.
So far so good for me - epg has not vanished and padding has worked 3 from3

Dave at IceTV

Yes, but we have found (in unrelated tests) that the Humax can retain some scheduling history in the background even after a factory reset. The only way we were able to clear the schedules completely was to format the hard drive(!) while doing the factory reset.

For those where all existing recordings on the hard drive are missing the end of the program, formatting the hard drive (and losing all the recordings) may be a suitable option. Otherwise for everyone else you may still see missing padding for the 5 days after the update.

The bonus TV Portal update for the SBS catchup TV service is not due to go live until this week.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

stt602

I lost the epg again tonight, tried to replicate my actions before it went down, but to no avail.
To get the epg back I had to stop all running recordings, 'reselect' IceTV in preferences and do a soft power cycle.

Padding seems to work (in power saving mode as well), but the epg was out on one test recording (Ch 11, 3am ,"Becker" was about 10 minutes late.

Btw.: I"m using an Optus Huawei E583C 3g wifi modem for networking, have full bars on wifi and 3g, no drop outs.

Humax HDR-7500T 500GB

mattr

Quote from: acem8 on July 08, 2012, 09:33:54 AM
B) Is no longer putting recordings into folders.

Anything to update regarding this? It was one of my favourite features. Even series recordings that already have a folder aren't being placed in the folder anymore :(

Dave at IceTV

The 'not saving series recordings in folders' issue is one reason we recommend resetting to factory defaults and then resending all recordings from your IceTV account.

Please see this knowledgebase article:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21690712-recommended-firmware-update-steps
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mattr

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 13, 2012, 08:08:57 PM
The 'not saving series recordings in folders' issue is one reason we recommend resetting to factory defaults and then resending all recordings from your IceTV account.

Hi Dave. I appreciate your quick response on a Friday night :)

You responded to my question on the previous page of this thread where I asked how do I resend recordings after a reset. So I've done that step. I guess I will try it again tomorrow.

swamprat96

I've had no issues since I factory deserted the box. Now working fine

ozpowell

Quote from: swamprat96 on July 16, 2012, 07:41:11 PM
I've had no issues since I factory deserted the box. Now working fine

Hi Swamprat96,

Good to hear everything is working.  Could you please confirm that you have power saving features enabled?

Thanks
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

swamprat96

acem8

What difference do the power settings make and why would people leave the box on all the time? I use a Logitech Harmony remote to put the tv and Humax into standby at the end of the day, I always had power saving and automatic shutdown on and it never missed a recording or lost the epg.

Since the new firmware issues I have turned both to off but it doesn't seem to make any difference (unless the box failed to go into standby I guess it would be on all night).

ozpowell

Quote from: acem8 on July 17, 2012, 09:05:45 AM
What difference do the power settings make and why would people leave the box on all the time? I use a Logitech Harmony remote to put the tv and Humax into standby at the end of the day, I always had power saving and automatic shutdown on and it never missed a recording or lost the epg.

Since the new firmware issues I have turned both to off but it doesn't seem to make any difference (unless the box failed to go into standby I guess it would be on all night).

The workaround for the Padding issue was to disable all power saving features - see "Padding Missing" thread for details.
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

remby

I have updated to firmware 1.06 and I have done a factory reset and I have the power saving feature turned on, but now I have noticed that when I have turned the Humax off and it is in the power saving mode it would normally stops the hard drive from spinning which is what it used to do, as the Humax is in my bedroom and I hate the noise of the hard drive spinning all night,

Now with the new firmware I have noticed that it will start up spinning again after a few hours at random times like 2am  and will stay on for a long time and then stops again and there are no recordings scheduled , and it never did that before and when I do hear it spinning I have to turn it on and off again to stop the hard drive spinning.
I wonder if all the new firmware has done is take your Humax out of power saving mode late at night or very early in the morning so you don't notice, to fix the padding problem as they have said before to take it out off power saving mode to fix the padding problem.

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on July 13, 2012, 08:08:57 PM

So, it would seem my padding issues are fixed, but I have the folder issue now.

I have done a factory reset prior. I've also deleted folders in the hope the box was maybe holding some metadata against them, to no avail :-(