Firmware 1.06 for Humax HDR7500t to be released

Started by lukem, July 02, 2012, 07:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Dear All,

Good news - Humax will be releasing a firmware update this Thursday to address a number of issues. Most importantly, this update will resolve the intermittent padding problems that some of you have been experiencing.

Regards,
Luke

swamprat96

How about the disappearing epg? Is this also addressed?

lukem

swamprat,

We are testing a workaround at the moment which we believe will prevent the issue from occurring, and should be available around the same time.

Regards,
Luke

swamprat96

Millan

Do we have to do anything to update, and can the power saving work around be set back to what it was now.

Dave at IceTV

After updating you should be able to use whichever power saving options you prefer.

Last time I checked the update was not yet available via Software Update in the TV Portal. But it is available from the Humax Australia website.
http://www.humaxdigital.com/au/support/swdownload.asp

Make sure that you do a factory reset after the update (but do NOT tick the box to format the HDD!).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Hi Dave,
I was planning on waiting for the portal update to be available. However I'm also interested in the "workaround" Luke mentioned for the epg disappearing. Is this a settings thing?
BTW- changing back to power saving has made a big difference. I haven't lost the epg since - yet

Dave at IceTV

The "workaround" Luke mentioned for the epg disappearing has been tried already a few weeks ago with 1.05.01, and unfortunately it didn't help. So far it looks like the 1.06.01 firmware is a big improvement in both missing padding and the blank guide, but we won't know for sure until a few weeks have passed without anyone reporting any further instances.

Note: I did have to do a factory reset after updating to 1.06.01 before the blank guide issue stopped occurring.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

mattr

Hello

Will programs that are part of a "Series Recording" re-populate in the unit's recording schedule after a factory reset? Or do I need to cancel and reprogram them online?

Dave at IceTV

After resetting to factory defaults and setting up the Humax again I would 'Resend all recordings' for your Humax device.

To resend all recording to your Humax:
- Click on the 'My Account' link up the top of the page.
- Click on the 'TV Recorders' tab.
- Click on the 'Resend all recordings' link on the same row as your Humax device.

Shortcut to the 'TV Recorders' tab:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webmembers.cgi?op=editSubscription
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

Updated via USB this morning. Portal would not connect which is odd because I did the last update through it. I use wifi so maybe that's it. Anyway I've decided to leave the reset for now in the interest of trying one thing at a time. I turned power saving back on some two weeks back and stopped losing the EPG. If I lose the EPG again I'll then rest and try.
Padding will get tested tonight

acem8

Well I did the update on Thursday via TV Portal and seems to have had the following effect;

A) Doesn't seem to have solved the padding problem.
B) Is no longer putting recordings into folders.
C) No sign of SBS Demand service in TV Portal as promised.

Therefore not the best firmware upgrade and I wish I hadn't bothered.

I have done a factory reset and resent all  scheduled recordings, turned power off and back on. Any ideas?

swamprat96

thats a shame. I've only made two recordings since the update and padding worked on both

stt602

I just activated the 3 month free icetv trial a few hours ago and updated to 1.06 via tv portal as well (incl. 'factory reset').
Since then I've had one failed recording and the EPG did go blank. :(

Padding seems to work for me, unit was On all the time though.

Quote from: acem8 on July 08, 2012, 09:33:54 AM
C) No sign of SBS Demand service in TV Portal as promised
I have no SBS On Demand either.

Not a good start...
Humax HDR-7500T 500GB

vrajcevski

So - Firmware 1.06 was automatically updated on my box. So far, the padding is at best random and mostly not owrking.I actually leave the PVR On all the time - so the Power saving is also off. Recordings placement in folders is random at best. the DLAN cllient stopped seeing all the files on my netowrk drive . I would say the fix broke stuff that worked and did not fix what did not work.

I just got the meTV PVR delviered, so it will be an interesting comparrison. But a PVR for 10 $ a month ( or if you have a bundle - free) maybe just what will get the fire from under my feet for buying this to replace a semi functional DGTEC.