humax 7500 missing end of shows

Started by Millan, June 28, 2012, 09:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukem

Millan,

I understand your frustration and we are doing everything in our power to deliver the next firmware which resolves the padding issue. As I posted on another topic, 1.06 firmware is due to be released on Thursday, July 5th.

Meanwhile the Networks intentionally make shows run late to try and force you to watch live TV. If ACMA keep allowing this behavior then how much padding will be sufficient to catch the end of a show? Interestingly, when MS Media Center was first released it had a limitation of 2-mins padding and they couldn't understand why we would need more than that.

Our statistics indicate that a popular show on a commercial station can run more than 20 minutes late. This is unheard of in most other countries, where the regulatory body has harsh penalties for late running shows.

Back on topic though, we believe that the HDR7500t is one of the best, if not *the best* PVR we have ever seen. It's only recently been introduced in AU, and therefore the IceTV component is relatively new. As with all technology there are often teething issues but these are usually short lived.

IceTV do not allow products on our store, or to carry the IceTV brand, without a firm commitment from the manufacturer that they will work with us, in a timely manner, to address any issues, should they occur, for the lifetime of the product - it's written, in contract, with all of our PVR Partners.

Your emails, support tickets and forum comments have gone to the highest possible level to both IceTV, and Humax Australia - with a positive result as you will see by our commitment to a Thursday firmware update.

Please don't hesitate to contact me, via our sales or support line, if you require further information.

Regards,
Luke McFarlane,
COO, IceTV

prl

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on July 02, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
... Our statistics indicate that a popular show on a commercial station can run more than 20 minutes late. ...
IIRC a final episode of Big Brother a few years ago ran 50 minutes over its scheduled time.  ::)

We have 25 minutes post-padding (and two minutes pre-padding) set on our Beyonwizes. Seems to work well enough for the shows we watch.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Millan

Luke,

I'm not sure you do understand my frustration. This problem has been occurring for many months from what I have read. I being a new customer to IcetV had to log onto your forums to find out what was going on after missing the end of many shows. Took me a month of fiddling to discover the issue. I am not impressed that you still had these units for sale, knowing they had a fault. I run a busy computer store and if I find a serious fault with hardware I stop using/selling the product and find something better rather than lose customers.

If this update wasn't being released this week I would no longer be a customer of IceTV. I also do not think a 10% discount in your online store is suitable compensation.

I  do not agree that this issue was handled in a timely manner!

lukem

Millan,

We appreciate your situation and as with all faults, serious or not, IceTV spend alot of time and resources to follow up every single one of them. We provide free telephone, and email support and work on your behalf to feed back any issues to the manufacturer for resolution.

As you would know by running a busy computer store, that any news of a fault has serious consequences to sales therefore it's always in our best interest to aggressively pursue resolution with our service and/or equipment manufacturers.

With all devices and technology there are always teething issues, which get addressed via updates, which thanks to IceTV having it written in to our contract with the equipment manufacturers, will be honoured or indeed it would be pulled from the store.

Consider this:
1) Do your customers ask you for compensation when their Windows 7 gets a BSOD and they lose their work? It's an interesting question which I think put's the 10% discount into perspective and still stands should you wish to accept it.

2) Do you then get on the phone to Microsoft and demand that they fix their issue or you will stop selling Windows 7? We do, and will always do this to ensure that we only sell quality products and services to our customers.

Again, IceTV do apologise for any inconvenience but please be assured that we, and Humax, have all worked beyond the call of duty to identify the issue and deliver a resolution.

Kind Regards,
Luke

Millan

Luke,

You are not using the right examples. If I had a motherboard that was causing BSOD, I would stop using it in my computers. I would find another suitable product. I'm certainly not going to keep selling the same thing knowing there is a fault.

Rusman

I've updated to the new firmware and completed a factory reset. Still having issues with padding not happening, e.g Masterchef tonight, shows not going into folders and schedule conflicts trying to tape multiple shows (which I disn't have before), e.g. Startrek Next Gen tonight.

Am I missing something in the update process? Anyone else having issues?

Thanks.

Update : Forgot to setup padding again after the reset. Oops.

swamprat96

so is it working ok now? Did you update by usb or via the portal? As of late last night there was nothing on the portal- just timed out

ozpowell

Quote from: Luke at IceTV on July 05, 2012, 04:59:31 PM
... It's an interesting question which I think put's the 10% discount into perspective and still stands should you wish to accept it.

Kind Regards,
Luke

10% discount?  Available to all customers who have suffered this problem and patiently awaited 1.06 for 6+ months?????????
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: Rusman on July 05, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
Am I missing something in the update process? Anyone else having issues?

Update : Forgot to setup padding again after the reset. Oops.
That'll do it  ;)

Thanks for the update.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Millan

Unfortunatley I think the "get the money in the till then sort the crap product out later" is something new in this technology age fedupwithicetv, its written somewhere in fine print in the "lets hope they don't notice it" clause.

lukem

@fedupwithicetv: It's unfortunate that your IceTV experience is unusually poor, but I only see two support tickets from you which are completely unrelated.

I can understand that missing the end of a show is annoying, and we try our best to provide you a more accurate and feature rich EPG than is available over the air. If you are experiencing difficulties with your PVR or the IceTV service then give us a call and let us help you. Our support staff are excellent - the best, infact.

Keep in mind that IceTV offer free support, so it's really not in our best interest to sell faulty products as, obviously, the cost of supporting them would eliminate any benefit in selling them.

Let's try stay on topic here. Has the latest firmware from Humax resolved your padding issues?

lukem

@fedupwithicetv:

Please contact our support staff as they will be able to assist with any further questions.