humax 7500 missing end of shows

Started by Millan, June 28, 2012, 09:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millan

I am having no end of trouble with my service. I am missing the end of a lot of shows. I have a 20 minute padding setup. I have shows recording when there is no recording following and Im not getting the 20 minute padding. I also have recordings where there are 3 programs in a row and the last 10 minutes of one program is on the next recording.

I rang ice tv support regarding repeats not being recorded which was supposed to be fixed. When I checked online several days later most of my series recording for wednesday and thursday the next week were greyed out.

I am extremely unhappy :-X

prl

You're not the only one with missing padding. Have a look at the Padding Missing? topic.

The Humax appears to (mis)handle the recording of consecutive shows on the same service in the same way as most other PVRs I know anything about.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Millan

Thanks for the reply, looks like I will be sending back this piece of crap that icetv sold me and getting a refund. Im disgusted that they r still selling them with known faults.

swamprat96

there is a patch imminent to fix this. Might be worth waiting

prl

Does the patch fix the problems the OP referred to when recording consecutive programs on the same service (not that I know of any PVRs that do a better job of that, though)?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

swamprat96

I doubt it. as you say I don't know of any devices that do

Millan

The question is how long till the update is released.

I really dont appreciated buying a product and service when the company knows that they dont work.

swamprat96

True- but every device has had its teething issues. If you turn off the power saving it does work better. As to the update I've just had it confirmed by Icetv its very close.

Millan

I want what I paid for, its as simple as that. IceTV should not be selling them and advertising "never miss a tv show again", I for one have had a gut full and I have only owned it for a little over a month.

I am not a guinea pig nor a beta tester, and dont appreciate being told to contact Humax for a refund, when it was IceTV who sold me the product.

prl

Quote from: Millan on June 30, 2012, 10:16:37 PM
... IceTV should not ... advertising "never miss a tv show again" ...
I can't disagree with that, and I've said so before on this forum. It's a promise that's just impossible to keep. Even if IceTV worked every time.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Millan

After watching more shows last night and not being able to see the end because its cut off, I have now switched back to the freeview guide to see if its reliable.

I am so cheesed of over being sold a known dud unit. Honestly IceTV pull these from sale until you have a confirmed working update.

ozpowell

Quote from: Millan on July 01, 2012, 10:30:34 AM
After watching more shows last night and not being able to see the end because its cut off, I have now switched back to the freeview guide to see if its reliable.

I am so cheesed of over being sold a known dud unit. Honestly IceTV pull these from sale until you have a confirmed working update.

Are you talking about back to back programs in the above quote?  If not, have you tried the power saver workaround detailed in the "padding missing" thread?  Although I would not consider it a satisfactory long term fix, it seems to solve the issue while we (eagerly) await the forthcoming update.

--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

Millan

No was not talking about the back to back padding. Have not tried the power savings fix either....from what I read on these forums it works for some and not others and I'm not prepared to miss the end of any more shows.

acem8

On mine I would estimate it fails to pad maybe 20% of the time?? It is very easy to go into the EPG and manually add to the recording but I have become so reliant on using the iphone to set recordings that I usually forget.

For some reason it nearly always fails to add to the end of my wife's programmes - now that is a feature worth talking about!

swamprat96

Power settings fixed this issue for me- but introduced other issues such as disappearing epg more regularly forcing a power reset