ICETV for Vista

Started by Fieldzy, August 02, 2006, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fieldzy

So when will there at least be a beta version of ICE TV for Windows Vista???

Fieldzy

slimf

Yep, Build 5472 breaks ICETV.

Can you guys provide update (preferably one that installs without warnings as well) and I can test for you in Build 5472.

Russell at IceTV

Hi there,

Yep, we're looking into it now, hopefully we'll have more information for you soon.

Thanks,
Russell

BJReplay

Works OK with build 5536.  Just need to fix security warnings, etc.

slimf

Quote from: BJReplay on August 30, 2006, 09:20:23 PM
Works OK with build 5536.  Just need to fix security warnings, etc.

Sweet - I have that build now as well. I will try it out.

poedgirl

I didn't have any problems with Pre-RC1 (5536) and now RC1 is out so I'll try it with that.

killfile

I've got Vista RC1 and after running the MCE Application and trying to setup the guide I get an Australia does not support TV guide error.  Any help would be appreciated!

turbojazz

I just moved to RC1 (64 bit) as well and its not working :-(

Shane

I've just done a fresh install of Build 5600 RC1 (x86), ran the IceGuide4MCE.exe installer, then chose "Setup Guide Listings" in Vista Media Center and all is working without an issue.

I did have to choose to allow running the installer at an administrator prompt, but other than that it installed just like it did/does under MCE 2005.

Have to say - now that I am playing with it more I love the new guide - the mini guide is something they should have had in MCE 2005.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

BJReplay

You may not see my reply - I might be in your killfile :)
Quote from: killfile on September 06, 2006, 12:35:25 AM
...after running the MCE Application...
By MCE Application, do you mean media centre, or the setup program: IceGuide4MCE.exe?

You must run IceGuide4MCE.exe.

turbojazz

OK, there is a registry fix for the 64 bit version of Vista.  IceTV guide installs as a 32 bit application, so Widnows Vista 64 bit moves it in to a different area of the registry from whats expected.  You need to be looked in as Administrator to fix this:
* Ensure Media Centre is not running
* Press with windows key + R to bring up the run dialogue
* Run Regedit
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\EPG
* Right click on the EPG folder and Export to a place of your choosing.
* in Windows Explorer, right click on the newly created reg file and choose edit.
* Remove the Wow6432Node reference so that it now reads:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\EPG]
* Save the file.
* Right click on the reg file and select merge and agree to the warnings
* Run Media Centre, go and set up the TV guide and it should ALLLLLL be working :-)

Hope that helps any 64-bitters out there :-)
And as always, never play in the registry if you dont know what you're doing!

turbojazz

Additional note:
It appears that Media Centre will sometimes override your imported settings at the time of updating, and it'll appear not to work.  If this happens, do not cancel or quit media centre.  Right click on your edited reg file again and choose merge, accepting all the warnings once more.  Once that's done, retrun to media centre, blick back to return to the postcode input, type your postcode, select Next and it should now work.

pcss

Hi all,

I'm also running Vista RC1 (32bit) and although I've run the iceguide installer, MCE isn't seeing ICETV as a provider. Shane are you able to give me any more details about the steps you took?

Shane

All I did was install the IceTV software, allow it via the admin prompts then do a "Setup Guide Listings" in Media Center. It didn't come up as MCE 2005 does with IceTV as the guide provider, just skipped past that an started channel scanning.

Only thing different is I scanned channels before installing the IceTV software - not sure if that does anything.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

poedgirl

Vista has something built in that prevents the Iceguide installer modifying the required registry entries. You need to right-click on the Iceguide installer, click on Properties, then on the Compatibility tab select Run as Administrator.

Also, I have had problems with it not recognising Iceguide. To fix this I did what was said before in this thread, ran the installer again with the MCE setup wizard still running then go back to MCE and click back to enter the postcode again then it finds Iceguide fine.

Hope this helps.