ICETV for Vista

Started by Fieldzy, August 02, 2006, 01:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theobfuscate

Quote from: turbojazz on September 08, 2006, 03:23:46 PM
OK, there is a registry fix for the 64 bit version of Vista.  IceTV guide installs as a 32 bit application, so Widnows Vista 64 bit moves it in to a different area of the registry from whats expected.  You need to be looked in as Administrator to fix this:
Hope that helps any 64-bitters out there :-)
And as always, never play in the registry if you dont know what you're doing!

thanks dude, you saved me heaps of time !
I'm Running Vista x64 Ultimate RTM Build 6000 and all is working except for Nvidia 7300 GS (96.85 Drivers for Vista x64 doesn't work properly with Standard 68cm CRT TV output ?

impact

Just to continue with this thread....

Appears to be heaps of problems with Icetv and Vista now... So we all are using the Keepkey service instead of playing around with the registry (as advised by Microsoft) - but in doing so, the guide gets mucked up badly... loosing channels, disappearing, channels that you do not want displayed appearing, updating the channels each day is a hassle, but impossible - as channels are duplicated, items marked for showing are not shown, or changing their status appears to make no difference...

With the immediate arrival of Vista, this is a serious problem - with the hordes of people about to purchase Vista, and likely to use Media Center for the first time, it was possibly a great time for icetv to grow and increase users - however thats going to be unlikely while these problems exist...

I would hope that Icetv are in contact with Microsoft australia, applying pressure for either a solution or workaround...

impact

Apparantly this is now happening to MCE2005 users too!!!

Good news - I think I have a fix - one that appears to work - but doing some more testing, and will post back later today with hopefully good news...

impact

Ok I have tested it on one of my machines, did some updates - back and forth, changed dates / times, compared it to another machine of mine... The one with the fix has a good guide, the one without the fix got the guide corrupted...

So no guarantees - but hopefully this workaround might fix some problems - Only limited testing over one day, tomorrow morning will be the big test, as my guide would normally corrupt in Vista - so I await to see if it does work without fiddling...

In the meantime - this is what I did... In a new thread that would make it easier to find.... So click here -> http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=540.0