Wallander ABC Melbourne

Started by csutak40, June 17, 2012, 04:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Quote from: Paul55 on April 16, 2015, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on April 16, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
Hmm..  Thanks for the heads up.  For some reason my scheduler didn't pick it up. Wonder why?

Is it defined in your favo(u)rites? Maybe your favourites differentiates between the Swedesh and English versions.

Nope, just the title and whether it is a repeat or not (and  no, it is not marked as a repeat)  I am still using TED/S and it is playing up ATM in all sorts of ways, but as far as I'm aware it is still marking all the shows to be recorded
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

raymondjpg

Is it defined in your favo(u)rites? Maybe your favourites differentiates between the Swedesh and English versions.

I picked it up on a keyword favourite.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

There are two separate series called Wallander, one British and one Swedish, so you'll have to set series recordings for each of them to get both.

Confusing matters, SBS deemed the earlier ones telemovies (ditto for Inspector Montalbano) so they were originally formatted as movies and only a keyword recording would catch it. SBS belatedly starting referring to it as a series with episodes and we followed suit.

We've added the Swedish version to our Coming Soon list , and we'll probably pop it into our newsletter next week too.

Thanks

prl

Hmm..  Thanks for the heads up.  For some reason my scheduler didn't pick it up. Wonder why?

I can't recall whether it's true of the English series, but in the past, IceTV treated individual Swedish Wallander episodes as stand-alone TV movies. That meant that series recordings (and, I suspect, favourites) wouldn't work properly for Wallander. It's likely that a favourite set for the old Swedish Wallander wouldn't work on the new Wallander series (which IceTV now marks as a series). I previously used a program keyword search to record Wallander (now called a "Selection-Term recording" in some places, or "Preference list" in others, for some reason - please, IceTV, use consistent naming!). I wouldn't expect a favourite for the English Kenneth Branagh Wallander series to work for the Swedish series.

A series recording for this series of Wallander works just fine for me, but I never had a series recording set up for it before.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on April 16, 2015, 04:02:29 PM...
That may be so, but it leaves me wondering if the curious contempt that the commercial channels have for the OZ TV audience has now filtered across to SBS (which I still regard as non-commercial, even if it has ads.) Or could it be that whoever is responsible for program scheduling at SBS has not a clue what this final series of the Yellow Bird Wallander productions represents?

Maybe the SBS's schedule is so full of Scandi noir (and French- and English- made Scandi noir, and Irish 9th century Scandi noir) that there's nowhere else in the schedule left to squeeze it in ;)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on April 17, 2015, 11:54:35 AM

I can't recall whether it's true of the English series, but in the past, IceTV treated individual Swedish Wallander episodes as stand-alone TV movies. That meant that series recordings (and, I suspect, favourites) wouldn't work properly for Wallander. It's likely that a favourite set for the old Swedish Wallander wouldn't work on the new Wallander series (which IceTV now marks as a series). I previously used a program keyword search to record Wallander (now called a "Selection-Term recording" in some places, or "Preference list" in others, for some reason - please, IceTV, use consistent naming!). I wouldn't expect a favourite for the English Kenneth Branagh Wallander series to work for the Swedish series.

A series recording for this series of Wallander works just fine for me, but I never had a series recording set up for it before.

Good old TED/S  (when it works) doesn't care if it is a series or a movie, or where it was made, you can set it to search by the title (exact or not, as you choose) or even to search for the word in the description.  That is why I love TED so much :-)
Cheers,
Judy

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on April 17, 2015, 01:23:44 PM
Good old TED/S  (when it works) doesn't care if it is a series or a movie, or where it was made, you can set it to search by the title (exact or not, as you choose) or even to search for the word in the description.  That is why I love TED so much :-)
You can do that with IceTV too using keyword recordings (aka preferences)  8)

The only thing TED/S does that IceTV does not is pick which of your conflicting shows to drop this week by using your pre-set 5 star ratings.

Unlike TED/S which only works with antique SD toppies from 2003, IceTV works with many different HD recorders. As IceTV works with the latest 3 tuner PVRs that can record multiple shows per tuner (as long as the shows being recorded on each tuner come from the same TV network) you really don't need a rating system as all of your shows can usually be recorded without needing to drop any (and all record with padding).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on April 17, 2015, 11:59:41 AMMaybe the SBS's schedule is so full of Scandi noir (and French- and English- made Scandi noir, and Irish 9th century Scandi noir) that there's nowhere else in the schedule left to squeeze it in ;)

I take your point but the Yellow Bird Wallander productions have a distinguished history dating back more than 10 years. I would have thought this final series justified a time slot more like 8.30 pm particularly as they are all 90 minute telemovie productions.

Edit: I should have said that the first in the series 'The Troubled Man' is more of a hybrid telemovie and cinema release, not particularly successful IMO. Fortunately the other five in the series restore the intimacy of the Yellow Bird TV productions.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

csutak40

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 17, 2015, 01:46:18 PM

The only thing TED/S does that IceTV does not is pick which of your conflicting shows to drop this week by using your pre-set 5 star ratings.

True, but as I only have two tuners to play with ATM...

BTW, TED  did pick up Wallander...  Only  problem being (which is what confused me) it only creates a list of possible timers, doesn't actually create a schedule ATM, so when looking at a particular listing,  it  looks as though it hasn't got a timer
Cheers,
Judy