Wallander ABC Melbourne

Started by csutak40, June 17, 2012, 04:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madeleine IceGuide

FYI, the third series of UK Wallander starts Sunday, November 18 on the ABC.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Madeleine at IceTV on October 29, 2012, 06:02:31 PM
FYI, the third series of UK Wallander starts Sunday, November 18 on the ABC.
Thanks Madeleine. I see that it is scheduled as "Coming soon" in New Shows.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

According to the SBS2 program, The Bridge will be replaced by a re-run of 24 Hours in Emergency.

Perhaps this topic should be re-named "Scandinavian Crime Tragics" :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on November 01, 2012, 06:18:02 PM
According to the SBS2 program, The Bridge will be replaced by a re-run of 24 Hours in Emergency.

Perhaps they think someone will watch it?

According to Wikipedia Borgen hasn't been shown in Oz yet. Although not crime drama (unless you count politics as a crime) I find that astonishing. Particularly as the first season has so many parallels with the political situation in Australia - a woman as PM, coalition/minority government, plight of the indigenous people - it has it all, and very well done. Come on SBS!
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

melmac

Please tell me you mean after they've finished the rest of the episodes. I've been really enjoying it and would hate to miss the ending
I was hoping the SBS might soon show Those who Kill and also Lilyhammer

prl

Quote from: melmac on November 02, 2012, 05:37:13 PM

Please tell me you mean after they've finished the rest of the episodes. I've been really enjoying it and would hate to miss the ending
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear. Last Wed 31 Oct was episode 8. The final two episodes of ten will be shown on Wed 7 Nov and 14 Nov. Then the repeats of 24 Hours in Emergency start on 21 Nov.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

raymondjpg

Quote from: melmac on November 02, 2012, 05:37:13 PMI was hoping the SBS might soon show Those who Kill and also Lilyhammer
According to Hollywood Reporter http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/australia-sbs-lilyhammer-steven-van-zandt-332618 Lilyhammer was scheduled to premiere on SBS2 in August this year, but TV Tonight http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/10/sbs-2013-highlights.html hints at some time in 2013.

If they do show Those who kill (Den som draeber) I would hope that they would also screen the movie Fortidens Skygge which is a follow-up to the five-episode series.

Most likely SBS will buy into Forbrydelsen III currently screening in Denmark, and scheduled to start screening on BBC4 this Saturday 17 November. Go Sarah!

raymondjpg

From Wikipedia:

"A third and final season [of the Swedish Wallander], containing six 90 minute episodes, aired in 2013 with Charlotta Jonsson as Linda Wallander. The first episode, adapted from the novel The Troubled Man, was released in cinemas in January 2013. The series finale aired July 30, 2013, in Sweden."

It is currently showing in the UK so likely to turn up (on SBS2?) in the not too distant future.

raymondjpg

While we wait on Wallander, SBS starts screening The Legacy (Arvingerne) next Wednesday, 15 April. Ice foreshadowed this in "IcePicks: Shows in 2015" distributed by email in January.

raymondjpg

I have just spotted the first of the final series of the Swedish Wallander 'The Troubled Man' to be broadcast on SBS One Tuesday 21 April at 10.30 pm. That is pretty late for what is in my opinion a top drawer TV series.

Paul55

Quote from: raymondjpg on April 15, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
That is pretty late for what is in my opinion a top drawer TV series.

Luckily, with a PVR, the scheduling is unimportant.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Paul55 on April 16, 2015, 08:35:21 AM

That may be so, but it leaves me wondering if the curious contempt that the commercial channels have for the OZ TV audience has now filtered across to SBS (which I still regard as non-commercial, even if it has ads.) Or could it be that whoever is responsible for program scheduling at SBS has not a clue what this final series of the Yellow Bird Wallander productions represents?

csutak40

Quote from: Paul55 on April 16, 2015, 08:35:21 AM
Quote from: raymondjpg on April 15, 2015, 06:49:19 PM
That is pretty late for what is in my opinion a top drawer TV series.

Hmm..  Thanks for the heads up.  For some reason my scheduler didn't pick it up. Wonder why?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Paul55

Quote from: csutak40 on April 16, 2015, 08:08:29 PM
Hmm..  Thanks for the heads up.  For some reason my scheduler didn't pick it up. Wonder why?

Is it defined in your favo(u)rites? Maybe your favourites differentiates between the Swedesh and English versions.