Topfield USB connection: FAILED to Asus wireless router

Started by brox, August 01, 2006, 10:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brox

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
My Topfield is not detected by the WL-500G router no matter which I switch on first or how long I wait between device power ups.
I have only found 1 way to have the Toppy detected and that is to do a firmware upgrade (using the same firmware as is already installed downloaded from the ASUS itself) and then when the router reboots itself it finds the topfield. Then all is good I can switch my topfield off and on but if I switch off the router I'm back to square one.
ASUS WL-500G is running Firmware Version: 200604131104
Topfield 5000 is running Feb 2006
I've also tried disabling all the taps and calling ice support

brianh

Are you able to to use another PC (preferrably a laptop) to connect to the toppy? - I would think that if you can get reliable connections with altair through direct USB with the toppy that it might help determine whether the toppy is the source of the problem...

Cheers,
Brian H

brox

Ahh yeah, forgot to mention that. Yes, my Toppy connects to my PC beautifully, always has. Thanks

brianh

I would guess it's the ASUS/IceBox with the problem... I think you will definitely need to refer to their service department for further assistance.

Cheers,
Brian H

brox

Swapped out unit for a new one with Daniel from icetv and everything working wonderfully. Cased closed for me as "one of those things"  :)