Version 3.0.0.30 Logo Issue on Windows 7

Started by markc3012, February 25, 2012, 11:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markc3012

After updating the other day from previous version to newer 3.0.0.30 I noticed that new logos section was available in the extras tab.
So I selected the tab and went with ICETV logos.
A few issues I have had.
First is I think they are a little small (only a little).
Secondly, the SBS Logos in Blue doesnt work for me, they can hardly be read. It doesnt work with the black background.
Thirdly, If I am running other channels that are not on my ICETV list (TV4ME) I dont get a logo supplied for it.
Three minor points but all of us like to personalise our EPG screens.

FInally the big one for me was that previous to the update to 3.0.0.30 I had all my own logos running with the "my channel logo" free program. When the update was installed it overwrote all of my logos with the logos supplied by ICETV as I had selected the checkbox to do this.
So I went back into ICETV interactive & unselected the checkbox and removed the logos from the EPG screen back to channel names only. I then used the "my channel logo" program to upload my logos again.
After going back into MCE to the EPG page I found that they were all there.
Then after a while I went to the EPG screen again and all of the logos were gone and only the channel names remained. I uploaded the logos a few more times & the same thing happened every time.
Each time I would check immediately after they were uploaded, sometimes minutes later they were gone.
Anybody else had this issue??
Can I please have a fix for it??
Any help or suggestions appreciatted??
For now I have gone back to Version 3.0.0.25 until it is solved.

lukem

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your comments. We will endeavour to provide better quality logos in the future, and perhaps more features to be able to set/manage themes. This is on the roadmap, but not a priority just now.

I've released 3.0.0.31 which should only clear channel logos that IceTV have assigned, so theoretically this should play nicely with MCL.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Luke

markc3012

OK, Yes the logo issue has been fixed.
But maybe apon interactive install the checkbox can be unticked for all the users that already have MCL running. Then we dont have to re-install our logos again after initial update and then having to uncheck the box.
Send a email to all your customers advising them they now have this option?
Thank You for the fix so soon.
markc3012

lukem

You are welcome.

Good suggestions, we could detect MCL on startup and make the default unticked.

Ultimately, there won't be any need for our customers to use MCL...

Ian Spencer @ Home

All logos come up except Prime ones on Prime (Rural) I assume Seven works fine but did no mess around. Nothing to get upset with just something I noticed.