My Hard Drive Died - R.I.P.

Started by volitans, April 05, 2012, 08:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volitans

Haven't seen anything about this anywhere else so will ask.
My HDD in my TF7100HDPVR has died. When I read the manual that came with the PVR on page 54 it talks about "If you replace the HDD..." as if it's an easy DIY project that anyone can undertake.
Has anyone tried this?
Is it easy?
What type of HDD does it take?
Any clues as to where I might find info on this?

Thanks all.

raymondjpg

Quote from: volitans on April 05, 2012, 08:00:49 PM
Haven't seen anything about this anywhere else so will ask.
My HDD in my TF7100HDPVR has died. When I read the manual that came with the PVR on page 54 it talks about "If you replace the HDD..." as if it's an easy DIY project that anyone can undertake.
Has anyone tried this?
Is it easy?
What type of HDD does it take?
Any clues as to where I might find info on this?

Thanks all.
Topfield forum, specifically http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1411&title=hdd-upgrade

I think you need to register to get in.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

If the replacement drive is more than 500gigs, you will only get 500 gigs of storage. For larger dives, the procedure referred to in the prior post needs to be followed to get full use of the drive. I have successfully set up a 2TB HDD on my 7100HDPVRt.

The 7100HDPVRt uses a SATA HDD. You can either use a 'dedicated' AV drive or a green drive. The important thing is that it should not draw more power than the existing drive (modern green and AV drive have lower requirements than those supplied with the 7100DHPVrt).

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on April 06, 2012, 09:53:59 AM
Topfield forum, specifically http://www.itopfield.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1411&title=hdd-upgrade

I think you need to register to get in.
Yes, you need to register, even to read the forum.  ::)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing