topfield 2400 reboots on epg fetch

Started by fnqboy, March 31, 2012, 08:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnqboy

hi i have just bought a topfield 2400 and have had some trouble with the unit rebooting whenever the epg fetches from the internet. i have also had some problems with sending the guide and recording but i have contacted support and we have sorted that out but i was wondering if anybody else had this issue with the unit
support have told me that they have heard of a few people with the same problem but topfield and support do not know what is causing it

Dave at IceTV

Hi fnqboy,

Did changing the LCNs (Logical Channel Numbers) in your account also fix your rebooting issue?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

This could be a firmware related issue. The November 2011 firmware was, in my experience, unstable. Most, if not all of the stability issues were addressed in the February 2012 firmware. For reasons that I do not fully understand, sometimes the firmware/setting becomes corrupted. Normally reinstalling the firmware will solve the rebooting. Before you update the firmware (use USB stick method, not internet update), do a reset to factory settings, install the firmware, and then do another reset to factory settings.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help