Best way to connect Humax to SCART plug on TV

Started by 23percival, March 16, 2012, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

23percival

I have a wonderful widescreen Grundig CRT TV that I have no intention of getting rid of until it dies.  The (SD) picture is much better than most HD screens I've viewed.
However the only input is via SCART.
I used a SCART connector to feed from my previous PVR - and an adaptor to accept a sVideo feed via my 5.1 amp. As I said - great result.
I'm now purchasing the Humax HDR and am looking for suggestions on how I can get the best picture from it to my Grundig.
So far it looks like a SCART to component video + L&R Audio.  I've not found any HDMI to SCAT connectors.

toppytools

I've never seen a HDMI to SCART adaptor either but if there was one available it would be expensive. Probably cheaper to get an A/V receiver that can convert HDMI in to Component out. Then you're still going to need a 'Component to SCART' adaptor or cable, so you may just as well go with a 'Component + Audio to SCART' cable.

Note: The audio of a SCART adaptor (or adaptor cable) should be directional so you'd need a 'Component + Audio to SCART' cable and not a 'SCART to Component + Audio' cable.

23percival

Hey Toppytools
thanks for the heads up on the directional SCART - looks like this is the way I'll go