Persistent Doughnuts

Started by raymondjpg, March 12, 2012, 02:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

I don't use the TF7100HDPVRt much now, owners are probably in a minority as IceTV customers, and there is nothing about this problem on the Topfield forum.

Lately I have seen a number of scheduled recordings transfer successfully to the Topfield, but opening the My Week tab on the web site doesn't show such transfers with a solid red circle but persistently as red doughnuts.

Has anyone else seen this recently? If not I'll open a support ticket with Ice and report back here what (if anything) there is in the way of a fix.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

The issue has been resolved (for now) by deleting the scheduled recordings in the PVR then resending all recordings from the TV Recorders page of My Account.

So far I have avoided factory resetting before resending any recordings. I see it as overkill and unnecessary in most cases. The instructions "Why do I need to Factory Reset my Topfield before clicking on the Resend Recordings link?" advise "Only click on this link after you have made a change on your box that causes it to wipe all the recordings from the reservations page" and goes on to say "The list is normally wiped by:

Performing a factory reset
    Deleting and rescanning your channels"

They do not list deleting the scheduled recordings in the PVR as an option.

Perhaps their instructions are applicable to the more recent Topfield PVRs, but if I owned one I would still try deleting the scheduled recordings in the PVR then resending recordings, before I resorted to a factory reset.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

IanL-S

IceTV have tweaked their servers in some way and this incorrect indication of queued timers which have in fact downloaded has been remedied. The fix was put in place late last week and will take a few days to fully deal with the issue. I have not see this for several days now for either the 7100+ or 2400 (I no longer use IceTV interactive for my 7100 ... too many Toppys and not enough available IceTV devices.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

raymondjpg

Quote from: IanL-S on March 14, 2012, 10:11:20 AM
IceTV have tweaked their servers in some way and this incorrect indication of queued timers which have in fact downloaded has been remedied. The fix was put in place late last week and will take a few days to fully deal with the issue. I have not see this for several days now for either the 7100+ or 2400 (I no longer use IceTV interactive for my 7100 ... too many Toppys and not enough available IceTV devices.

Ian
Thanks for the advice that the problem was at the Ice servers end, and that this was not confined to the TF7100HDPVRt.

Yesterday I tried my usual practice of deleting the timings on the PVR, then deleting and re-enabling the timers on the Ice server, to no avail. I suspect that Ice's fix was not in place at that time, and that it might have succeeded if it was.

In any case, now that the resend timers strategy has worked (it seems) I might try that instead of deleting and re-enabling the timers on the Ice server when daylight saving comes round again.