ICE TV interactive not working

Started by crackles, March 10, 2012, 04:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackles

Hi,

I have looked through the forums here but have not foun this problem anywhere.

I have been running an XP WMC  for sometime now (at least 5 years) and have been using the ice guide for sometime as well (Most times I am given the prompt to download the guide because it is more than 3 days old).

I have finally thought about using the interactive part from my Android Tablet only to find that my guide does not update in this way.

I get the fault:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ehepgdat, Version=6.0.3000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ehepgdat, Version=6.0.3000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at IceTV.SchedulerTimerTaskData.getMCEData()
   at IceTV.SchedulerTimerTaskData..ctor(BinaryReader br)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I search for the file and find it, but it is a different version. Also no Fusion!EnableLog.

I guess this is probally due to incompatibility with my version of XP WMC I am running but a couple of years ago I updated my entire operating software and the system was unstable, hence I have stayed with current configuration because it works relatively stable.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what have you done? Is there a way to update the ehepgdat.dll file without updating everything else?
If I install service pack 3 will this help my problem, and is now stable enough t upload (I no longer have the patience or time to be working with a screwed up system).

As a side note I am looking at updating hardware and software to windows 7 and have 4 hd tuners but once again I want a stable and working system that causes no problems and lets me watch all kinds of HD movie files etc. Is it worth it and what kind of system is recomeneded? (no need to answer this questionif not wanted as I know it is off topic).

Appreciate any kind of input feedback please.