Padding Missing?

Started by The_Hawk, March 08, 2012, 07:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kay67kay

ok. i'll do it again. i've been back to the tv portal thing a couple of times to check for updates, but it tells me i have the latest. i'll try the factory reset again and give it a few days and see how it goes. you would think that if this was a big problem 12 months ago, it would have been well and truly fixed by now. thanks

kay67kay

>:( I am getting really quite disgusted with this whole thing. I've had nothing but trouble with it. It is still dropping the padding off recordings when there is no other program on either side of it. And when I go to media to see what is recorded, it just has the time and channel, not the name of the show. I have checked that I have the latest software. I have restored factory settings more than once. Do I just have a dud machine or what?

kay67kay

also, is it the humax itself causing these problems or icetv? i'm ready to take the stupid thing back to the shop and demand a refund, to be honest. it's given me so much trouble since I got it. I can't trust it to record my shows for me.

dcoggins

Have you tried contacting Humax support? They can be quite helpful, and if there is any suspicion about the unit they might replace it. They were quick to replace my unit when I had some strange problems.

Having said that, I still occasionally lose padding for no known reason. It is most frustrating when you lose the last five minutes of a show because the mongrel TV stations stick in too many ads.

Another thing - I have found that if you make even the slightest change to the preset recording schedule set by IceTV, all the padding seems to vanish - you have to manually add time.

These units are good when they are working, but can be fussy and glitchy. There is supposed to be a new software update coming out "soon" - hopefully that will fix a couple of issues. PVRs have been around for quite a few years now, it's a mystery to me why they haven't got it right by now.

kay67kay

I haven't contacted humax support. I think I need to do that. I've had every single problem I've found people talking about on here. It's incredibly frustrating, specially after having had a TiVo and having no problems what so ever with it, apart from the buttons on the remote wearing out. What's the best way to contact humax?

Dave at IceTV

Phone is the best way to contact Humax Support.

Humax Australia Customer Support
Phone:  1300 737 937
'Contact Us' page:  www.humaxdigital.com/au/support/contactus.asp

kay, when you updated the software on the Humax did it actually do the update or did it say it had the latest version already?

Some Humaxes have been bought from stores with 1.08.05 installed. 1.08.05 seems to be a test version that was based on an older version without the padding fix.

If yours has 1.08.05 you need to install 1.07.00 via USB so that you can update to the proper 1.08.04 version.

You can check what software version is on your Humax as follows:
- Go to "Menu > Settings > System > System Information".
- Note the 5 numbers on the 2nd line, titled 'Software Version'.

If you need to install 1.07.00 via USB see this page:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/21269627-How-do-I-downgrade-the-Humax-software-to-version-1-07-00

Then do the update from the TV Portal as normal to install 1.08.04 (or the new 1.09 version if it is available).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kay67kay

ok, I've just checked that. I have the 1.08.04, so it's the right one. I might try getting the 1.07.00 and then update again to the 1.08.04 to see what happens. or hopefully the 1.09 will be there and will fix everything.  if that doesn't work, i'll give humax a call.

kay67kay

well, I finally got around to downgrading to 1.07.00 and now it won't let me upgrade. I try to go to the tv portal, it tells me I need to upgrade, I say ok and nothing happens. now what??

Dave at IceTV

You can update to 1.08.04 via USB as well.

You download 1.08.04 here.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kay67kay

thanks dave. trying that now. then I guess yet another factory settings restore. if it's not fixed then, i'll be calling humax. I've never had such a troublesome appliance before. it's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Dave at IceTV

You should not need to do another factory reset since you did one already, and are updating from 1.07.00
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

kay67kay

kay67kay

oh boy. I did the one from the link you posted, dave, via usb, and now I have 1.08.05, which is the wrong one, isn't it? don't I need 1.08.04?

Dave at IceTV

Sorry about that Kerri. I didn't know that Humax had changed the software without updating the version number on the page.

Please check your yahoo email.

cheers

Dave
Customer Service