Padding Missing?

Started by The_Hawk, March 08, 2012, 07:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swamprat96

Even my old TVIX could handle this properly. I thought the way most pvr's work is that the guide simply tells the unit when to start and finish- ie it just replaces the manual method of setting a start and end time. Then once these times are set the unit just adds the extra time at either end.

The humax does a manual method of editing recording times-has anyone tried manually extending the length of the recording this way?. Whilst I appreciate its not a fault with ICEtv itself the unit  is still "not fit for purpose" and as ICEtv are selling it I'd expect them to be driving Humax to fix the issue or withdraw the product

lespato

Hi Dave

I have problems with padding on the 7 network. I record 7 mate quite a bit and the padding gives problems. Sometimes only half the show is recorded. I noticed the shows I record on the ABC always pad ok. Hope this helps.

When I re confirm my account it fixes things for a while.

Les

Dave at IceTV

cheers

Dave
Customer Service

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: swamprat96 on April 15, 2012, 08:05:47 AM
I thought the way most pvr's work is that the guide simply tells the unit when to start and finish- ie it just replaces the manual method of setting a start and end time. Then once these times are set the unit just adds the extra time at either end.
That's how it is supposed to work.

Quote from: swamprat96 on April 15, 2012, 08:05:47 AM
The humax does a manual method of editing recording times-has anyone tried manually extending the length of the recording this way?.
Extending the end time manually should work. Just click OK on the program in the schedule list, change the duration and then click on confirm.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

swamprat96

QuoteExtending the end time manually should work. Just click OK on the program in the schedule list, change the duration and then click on confirm.

Confirmed- this workaround works. So we have a temporary fix whilst humax fixes its padding

prl

Quote from: swamprat96 on April 15, 2012, 02:22:12 PM
QuoteExtending the end time manually should work. Just click OK on the program in the schedule list, change the duration and then click on confirm.

Confirmed- this workaround works. So we have a temporary fix whilst humax fixes its padding
While this would work with repeated (e.g. daily or weekly) timers set on the PVR, it won't be very convenient with IceTV, because it normally only sends once-off timers, so you'd have to add padding to every recording (not just for each series) set up by IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jeisner

Agreed manually editing is not a fix when using with ICETV as when you series link through ICETV it isn't loaded as a humax series and you can't just change the time of all upcoming events.. For this to be a workaround you would have to manually edit every show every week once it downloads from ICETV to the Humax, you might as well not bother linking it through ICETV..

Sorry but I am getting a little fed up (between this unit and my previous Strong unit) having to double check and fix the programs downloaded to my PVR from ICETV, it defeats the purpose of using ICETV and when I forget I miss the last 10-15 mins of shows as the free to air channels are never on time... Padding is an essential feature in my opinion, not just something nice to have...

ozpowell

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 15, 2012, 01:58:29 PM
Quote from: lingfish on April 14, 2012, 08:44:08 PM
So is progress being made on this issue?
Yes

Hi Dave,

I for one really appreciate the fact that you are keeping us in the loop on this issue via the forum.

Are you in a position at this stage to give us a rough eta on the fix?  Will it be in the form of an update to IceTV or a firmware update?

Thanks,
Michael.
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

jeisner

Thats true ozpowell at least we get some response from ICETV, i.e. that it is a known issue, HUMAX just ignores emails asking about faults in their products...

ozpowell

Bump...

Quote from: ozpowell on April 16, 2012, 06:43:26 PM
Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 15, 2012, 01:58:29 PM
Quote from: lingfish on April 14, 2012, 08:44:08 PM
So is progress being made on this issue?
Yes

Hi Dave,

I for one really appreciate the fact that you are keeping us in the loop on this issue via the forum.

Are you in a position at this stage to give us a rough eta on the fix?  Will it be in the form of an update to IceTV or a firmware update?

Thanks,
Michael.
--

Dave at IceTV

Are you in a position at this stage to give us a rough eta on the fix? 
No. But if I was to guesstimate I would say weeks rather than months.

Will it be in the form of an update to IceTV or a firmware update?
It could be both. I believe there is a firmware update coming anyway.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

ozpowell

Great - Thanks for the update Dave.
--

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 27, 2012, 08:30:27 PM

No. But if I was to guesstimate I would say weeks rather than months.

Looking forward to a fix -- because lets be honest here, the device is not working as advertised, or expected.  Padding alone was one of the huge selling points for me, because of moronic TV stations that can't even stick to their programs.

I was half ok with losing the ends of say, Modern Family... now I'm losing Six Feet Under and Scrubs!  NOOOOOO!

In the last week, for example, I have my scheduled recording for Six, and it doesn't start till around, 20 mins in, and the whole thing gets skewed and cut off.

lingfish

Still nothing on this?

Do Humax not normally have coders on staff and are out hiring some? :P

prl

Quote from: lingfish on May 01, 2012, 05:48:19 PM
Do Humax not normally have coders on staff and are out hiring some? :P
Humax, like Beyonwiz and Topfield, is a South Korean company, and like Beyonwiz and Topfield, I'd assume that their coders are in South Korea. :) They also manufacture in Poland, India and China, but may or may not have coders there.

Testing PVRs for the Australian market is a bit of a problem in South Korea, because South Korea uses a different and incompatible digital TV standard from Australia.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing