Padding Missing?

Started by The_Hawk, March 08, 2012, 07:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave at IceTV

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to isolate the cause of the problem. So I have a quick question for people suffering from missing padding.

What TV network's recordings regularly do not record with the padding?

Is it Nine, GEM and GO?

Or Seven, 7two and 7mate?

Or Ten, Eleven and One?

Or ABC channels?

Or SBS channels?
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 10, 2012, 04:00:53 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We are trying to isolate the cause of the problem. So I have a quick question for people suffering from missing padding.

Off the top of my head, this is happening for the series Modern Family for me.

swamprat96

ozpowell

I definitely recall having the problem on Nine, Seven, 7-Mate and Ten (which is every station I have series recordings on).  So, for me it doesn't appear to be network-specific.
--
Humax HDR-7500T with IceTV

rossl

It has been happening to me an all networks, to the point that I am avoiding recording anything on the Humax if at all possible. First preference is now the Topfield, second is the Foxtel IQ and as a last resort, the Humax.
Ross

Humax HDR7500T 1TB and Topfield TRF-2460

ozpowell

Does anybody know if this problem is specific to Humax with IceTV, or does it happen with the freeview guide also?  I read a post earlier in this thread which indicates that the problem occurrs when the IceTV guide data doesn't match the Freeview data wrt program start/end times.
--

lingfish

Quote from: ozpowell on April 11, 2012, 04:09:42 PM
Does anybody know if this problem is specific to Humax with IceTV, or does it happen with the freeview guide also?  I read a post earlier in this thread which indicates that the problem occurrs when the IceTV guide data doesn't match the Freeview data wrt program start/end times.

I would have thought the Humax wouldn't give a crap for the FV guide if it's been told to use Ice...

ozpowell

Quote from: lingfish on April 11, 2012, 04:52:17 PM
Quote from: ozpowell on April 11, 2012, 04:09:42 PM

I would have thought the Humax wouldn't give a crap for the FV guide if it's been told to use Ice...

Lingfish,

See

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3333.msg16512#msg16512

and

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3333.msg16514#msg16514

for info from Humax support about this issue.  Just wondering if anyone has verified that Freeview does in fact work....
--

prl

The program information in those posts appears to be the Now/Next information, which is not part of the Freeview EPG.

Humax is not signed up as a Freeview EPG manufacturer.

There's a nice topic started by DrP on the DTV Forum about the quality (or otherwise) of the Freeview EPG. However, I doubt very much it has anything to do with the Humax problems being discussed here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

lingfish

Quote from: ozpowell on April 11, 2012, 05:33:44 PM

Lingfish,

See

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3333.msg16512#msg16512

and

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=3333.msg16514#msg16514

for info from Humax support about this issue.  Just wondering if anyone has verified that Freeview does in fact work....

Yep, I've read that; I didn't get my point across I guess -- why bother consulting the FV data at all, was my point ;)  Seems like a horrid bug to me, getting more and more frustrating by the day considering how much the 7500 cost me.

andya

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 10, 2012, 04:00:53 PM
Hey guys,

Is it Nine, GEM and GO?
Or Seven, 7two and 7mate?
Or Ten, Eleven and One?
Or ABC channels?
Or SBS channels?

Seems to be random for me too, although most of my recording at the moment is on ABC (kids shows) , SBS and Nine .

For example, if you have a series recording for a 30 minute show that's on nightly and have a 3 minute padding at the start and 10 minute padding at the end, the total record time for the show should be 43 minutes .. if you look at the recorded shows for a week, you can see that some are 33 minutes (i.e end padding is missing) or 40 minutes (i.e start padding is missing).

Dave @ ICETV , try setting up a daily series recording with start and end padding and having the Humax switched 'off' and see whether you see the same thing .. 

prl

Without minimising the problems that the apparent use of the Now/Next data cause on Humax, there really is only one solution to the padding problem - for broadcasters to actually adhere to their schedules and put back ad/promo breaks between programs.

I'm not holding my breath on that one, though.

As I said before, the Now/Next data is not part of the Freeview EPG.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jeisner

I have a masterpiece 2400 and the Humax 7500, the masterpeice is fine with padding only the humax has issues..

I seem to be missing both lead-in and lead-out padding, so my shows are exactly 30mins or 60mins etc

The shows I have noticed it on (off the top of my head) are 'Alcatraz' and 'Bondi Rescue' which are on Nine and Ten... [edit] I have just checked and ABC does it too, maybe 90% of the time, though I noticed that 'Top Gear' seems to be OK...

I tend to agree with an earlier post, in my experience the topfield seems the most reliable, the strong units reset all the time and get patched constantly without fixing anything until they discontinue the unit and stop supporting it, and I had nothing but trouble with the Beyonwiz DP-2 (exchanged for my topfield masterpiece) though others seem to love them..

Dave at IceTV

Does anybody know if this problem is specific to Humax with IceTV, or does it happen with the freeview guide also?
If you switch the Humax guide menu option to 'EPG Type = Humax' then it does not add padding at all to any recordings set as once, weekday, weekly or daily recordings. It does try to add padding to 'Humax series recordings' but not all channels provide guide data guide that supports series recordings and not all programs can be set as a series recording. So the padding does not work all the time even when not using IceTV.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

lingfish

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on April 14, 2012, 05:58:44 PM
Does anybody know if this problem is specific to Humax with IceTV, or does it happen with the freeview guide also?
If you switch the Humax guide menu option to 'EPG Type = Humax' then it does not add padding at all to any recordings set as once, weekday, weekly or daily recordings. It does try to add padding to 'Humax series recordings' but not all channels provide guide data guide that supports series recordings and not all programs can be set as a series recording. So the padding does not work all the time even when not using IceTV.

Wow.

So is progress being made on this issue?  My Humax is my first foray into PVRs via Ice, and had high hopes :/