firmware upgrade

Started by michael.langdon, March 04, 2012, 08:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael.langdon

Does anyone know what fixes are in the new TF7100HDPVRT PLUS Firmware (32031)

Dave at IceTV

Officially, they fixed a bug that was in the Dec 2011 firmware that caused the Topfield to stop fetching reservations if the Topfield was left on for a few days. Of course the Feb 2012 firmware also includes all of the IceTV fixes that were in the Nov/Dec firmware.

Unofficially they may have fixed or improved a few other unlisted issues.

All IceTV subscribers who use a Topfield TF7100HD Plus, TRF2400 or TRF2460 really should be using the Feb 2012 firmware.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

IanL-S

I agree with Dave, you should migrate to the February 2012 firmware. In addition to the IceTV fixes (it now seems to work properly from the Toppy end), the firmware addresses the stability issues that affected some Toppys running the November firmware.

The only issues I have seen reported are to do with wireless networking. I am running one of my Toppys wireless in an attempt to replicate those issues but so far I have not been successful.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

quirks5

Hi,  does this firmware upgrade apply to the TF7100HDPVRT PLUS or just the TF7100HD PLUS?  I could not find it against the TF7100HDPVRT PLUS on the Toppy site.  Cheers Bob

Dave at IceTV

If your 7100 is a Plus model then yes, there is a Feb 2012 firmware available for it.
http://www.itopfield.com.au/download-firmwares.asp?pidx=248&x=9&y=10

Note: There are 2 different system IDs so make sure that you download the correct one for your PVR.

Topfield call it the TF7100HD Plus on the website, but if you download the manual from the TF7100HD Plus page it is named  TF7100HDPVRtPlus_Eng_Oct_2010.pdf  If you select the TF7100HD Plus model from the firmware list the page contains links to TF7100HDPVRT PLUS Firmware.

Basically it is known as both the TF7100HDPVRt Plus and the TF7100HD Plus (not to be confused with the TF7100HDPVRt).
cheers

Dave
Customer Service