A sea of yellow warning signs

Started by prl, February 23, 2012, 06:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

This afternoon my My Shows list was showing 13 "warning sign" icons for "failed" recordings. Except that the timer sends hadn't failed. They were all there, as far as I could see.

Rescheduling the recordings and waiting for an IceTV update made the warnings all come back, but the actual recordings still seem to be OK.

Is this anything to do with the server changes that seem to have cause problems on Topfield recorders?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grampus

Quote from: prl on February 23, 2012, 06:18:39 PM
This afternoon my My Shows list was showing 13 "warning sign" icons for "failed" recordings. Except that the timer sends hadn't failed. They were all there, as far as I could see.

Rescheduling the recordings and waiting for an IceTV update made the warnings all come back, but the actual recordings still seem to be OK.

Is this anything to do with the server changes that seem to have cause problems on Topfield recorders?
I only have BW, and its shown up a number of times on the server with series shows that I haven't touched.  They are scheduled in the PVR ok.
It's like as if they were rescheduled, and as they are already in place, they become a duplicate.
Right now looking at one of my boxes, "Spick & Specks"  for the next 3 nights, show up as red doughnuts., yet the entries are in place on my box.
I guess at some time they may become the yellow peril.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Yep, that sounds similar to what I'm seeing.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Quote from: grampus on February 23, 2012, 06:58:58 PM
I only have BW, and its shown up a number of times on the server with series shows that I haven't touched.  They are scheduled in the PVR ok.
It's like as if they were rescheduled, and as they are already in place, they become a duplicate.
Right now looking at one of my boxes, "Spick & Specks"  for the next 3 nights, show up as red doughnuts., yet the entries are in place on my box.
I guess at some time they may become the yellow peril.
Wrong, after another look, the doughnuts have now changed to solid red circles, but the enties in the web server do not have times against them.
BeyonWiz, T3

Dave at IceTV

Quote from: grampus on February 23, 2012, 07:06:52 PM
Wrong, after another look, the doughnuts have now changed to solid red circles, but the enties in the web server do not have times against them.
I had the same issues on my Beyonwiz after the server migration. The timers were on the Beyonwiz but had the yellow error triangle on the website. While looking at the website I noticed the missing start times, but then they slowly appeared on all except one.

As long as the timers are on the Beyonwiz I wouldn't worry about the website... unless it continues past Sunday.
cheers

Dave
Customer Service

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Quote from: Dave at IceTV on February 23, 2012, 07:14:00 PM

As long as the timers are on the Beyonwiz I wouldn't worry about the website... unless it continues past Sunday.
Doesn't help if you are out of city/state/country, and trying to ensure your recordings are gonna happen.
Would make me nervous.
BeyonWiz, T3

grampus

Here's the next pass of the saga.
One might make a comparison to my previous posted capture.
BeyonWiz, T3

prl

Hi. Grampus. I've got five like that, too (showing queued when the timer has actually been sent).

I think the sequence was - error - reschedule recording - queued - sync with IceTV - error - overnight power-off - queued.

All the ones I have are for the same series - Bargain Hunt.

It seems to be getting a bit like the old bit of doggerel about Project Mac.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Now, every single one of my series recordings has changed to "queued" without me doing anything. :o

Image only shows today's, but they're all like that.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Dave

All my programs are just showing queued also.
Antec NSK2480B Case & PSU, Asus M4A785TD-M-EVO motherboard, AMD Phenom II 965 3.40Ghz quad core CPU, 4Gb RAM, Hauppauge HVR2200 Dual Tuner, 1Tb and 500Gb WD HDDs, Windows 10 running NextPVR

prl

I'm back to having most of my series now marked as scheduled, not queued, and "only" ten, rather that thirteen, flagged as errors.

I thought that this sort of rubbish only happened on Topfield IceTV. :P

On the up side, now that IceTV can so readily reproduce these phantom errors, maybe they can actually find the problem and fix it for good.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

The yellow warning icons seem to be slowly trickling out of my recordings. I don't have any after early Wednesday (29 Feb) morning.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Quote from: prl on February 27, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
The yellow warning icons seem to be slowly trickling out of my recordings. I don't have any after early Wednesday (29 Feb) morning.
The warning signs continue to trickle out, and no new ones are appearing. The last one is still Wed am.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grampus

Quote from: prl on February 28, 2012, 04:36:36 PM
Quote from: prl on February 27, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
The warning signs continue to trickle out, and no new ones are appearing. The last one is still Wed am.
Yes, my last one is tonight.  Still have a couple of entries with no times in my week.
These have been static on the same entries for a couple of days, so maybe that will disappear as well.
BeyonWiz, T3