IceTV server is down?

Started by IanL-S, February 22, 2012, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanL-S

Is it just me, or is the server which the PC Gadget and the Toppy gets its EPG (and timer) data down.  (7.45 am 22-02-12). I only notice the issue when I found the Toppy frozen, and had to do a hard reboot and no EPG data displayed. The I booted up the computer and the Gadget failed to load any data.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

cheechaway

Having the same issue. Last checked on Sunday and all was well. Have had "Error - Cannot connect to server" since yesterday, cannot use any EPG functions except to Exit that section, and definitely have a solid internet connection. The app on the ipad seems to have no trouble seeing the guide.

grampus

Able to get to the Ice server via PC, IPAD, BWs, Windows MCE.
At this time
BeyonWiz, T3

wally3218

Server is still down my 2460 cant connect to the server.
Web access and FTP to the 2460 works ok am using a wired lan.
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

lukem

Hi Guys,

We migrated our servers to Amazon EC2 last night. While most of the cut-over went well there were some feeds which were not being updated. This should be resolved now, please let us know if there are any further issues.

Kind Regards,
Luke

wally3218

Just tried Reset EPG data on the 2460 and still getting the "Cannot connect to server " message
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming

IanL-S

IceTV PC widget still cannot contact the server.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

j s

ditto for my TF-2460 - last epg retrieval was at 8:25 this morning and cannot connect now

wally3218

SERVERS ARE STILL DOWN

It would be good of IceTV to advise there customers that the servers are down. A note on the TV Guide page saying there are problems.
Letting customers manually set the timers so as not to miss any recordings that they have setup today.
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I can confirm that the servers are up and running now, and have been since around 2am this morning.

We are still seeing some issues with some Topfield customers and we are investigating these issues, I can confirm that its not all Topfield customers as we are definitely seeing requests coming through and our test machines are updating without issues from a normal ADSL connection that we use to test on.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Fester

My account has: Last EPG fetch: 22 February, 2012 at 04:27am with Topfield TRF-2400

Rebooted a few times but no update!

wally3218

I have reset my network settings on my 2460 and can play Youtube videos on my 2460
Have checked user name and password for IceTV again.
But i cannot connect to the IceTV server so my conclusion is that Cannot connect to Server Server is not working.
Theres not much else that I can do or check.

Last EPG fetches:
22 February, 2012 at 12:12pm with Topfield TRF-2400 ( note that my device type is a 2460 dont know why it shows up as a 2400)
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming

IanL-S

The IceTV Interactive site says that the last EPG fetch was at 03:29pm; one 2400 is refusing to talk to the IceTV server. I get cannot connect to server message. Not sure which, if any, of the other 3 Toppys is talking to the Server. It is also claimed that the widget updated at 2.02pm, but nothing is showing on the widget. I have stopped and started the widget several times.

I can access the Toppy by ftp and can access YouTube from the Toppy, so it would appear that the problem is not at my end.

Could it be ISP related; I use BigPond Cable and I'm located in Melbourne.

I will try setting timers for the other 3 Toppys and see if they get downloaded; will also set on for the Toppy that cannot connect to the server.

Ian
Synology NAS

Daniel Hall at IceTV

After more testing now, it looks like the Topfield TRF-2400, TRF-2460 and TF7100HDPlus are having issues downloading the device list from the server, we are still investigating this issue to try and find out why this is the case.

It also looks like on these specific models are affected, the older TF7100HDPVRt is not affected and works fine, along with all other PVR's.

We will update as soon as we have additional info.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wally3218

Thanks for the confirmation it wasnt us Daniel , Hopefully we can get a warning when IceTV is upgraded next time
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming